removing NCL transfers - do I have to call in?

rodndonna

When we booked our NCL cruise with air, they automatically added on transfers which I would now like to remove (I assume I don't have to take them) as final payment is later this month. I don't see a way to do that on-line.

Do I have to call in for that or am I missing something? 

Definitely call. We were on the Prima earlier this month and also had the BOGO transfers automatically added. Our flight back was not until 5 PM (actually with delays ended up more like 7 PM). DW said we are not sitting in the airport terminal that long, and went and bought an excursion to the airport with a stop. We asked and were told that if we bought the excursion, the BOGO transfers would automatically come off. But when I checked out account on the tv, they had not come off. I went to guest services and they asked if we wanted them off as if we somehow might want to pay for both an excursion to the airport and the regular transfer to the airport.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FLAHAM said:

Sounds strange to me to have transfers automatically added.

just when you book air they add them as a  default . and they tell you and say .. you can just take them off later if you want..

so I just kinda left them until I look know and see how much they are compared to a cab.

13 minutes ago, FLAHAM said:

Sounds strange to me to have transfers automatically added.

Not really.  They assume if you are using their airfare and flying in the same day as your cruise that you will need transportation to the port and back to the airport at the end of the cruise.  Lots of people do and it alleviates any miscommunication if people think that NCL will also get them to the port as part of their airfare. If you request a deviation or book a post-cruise excursion, they will normally remove the transfers - assuming you do so prior to the cruise. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, julig22 said:

Not really.  They assume if you are using their airfare and flying in the same day as your cruise that you will need transportation to the port and back to the airport at the end of the cruise.  Lots of people do and it alleviates any miscommunication if people think that NCL will also get them to the port as part of their airfare. If you request a deviation or book a post-cruise excursion, they will normally remove the transfers - assuming you do so prior to the cruise. 

We had a one day deviation coming into Heathrow, and they were not removed. I checked because I did not want them removed. We booked an excursion to the airport in Reykjavik, and I had to ask for them to be removed even though they now knew we were going to the airport through them in a different way.

I forgot what the transfers were called on the invoice we received from our TA, but I do remember it was not transfers. Maybe someone else remembers the term they used.

5 hours ago, rodndonna said:

When we booked our NCL cruise with air, they automatically added on transfers which I would now like to remove (I assume I don't have to take them) as final payment is later this month. I don't see a way to do that on-line.

Do I have to call in for that or am I missing something? 

You have to call in to remove them.

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

We had a one day deviation coming into Heathrow, and they were not removed. I checked because I did not want them removed. We booked an excursion to the airport in Reykjavik, and I had to ask for them to be removed even though they now knew we were going to the airport through them in a different way.

I forgot what the transfers were called on the invoice we received from our TA, but I do remember it was not transfers. Maybe someone else remembers the term they used.

You booked through a TA - they should have removed them.  If you book through NCL directly their system will normally cancel the transfer - which is a pain for me, since I usually go back to the airport and want to use the transfer.

Line item on an NCL confirmation is simply "Transfer"

44 minutes ago, julig22 said:

You booked through a TA - they should have removed them.  If you book through NCL directly their system will normally cancel the transfer - which is a pain for me, since I usually go back to the airport and want to use the transfer.

Line item on an NCL confirmation is simply "Transfer"

I am sure he would have if we had asked him to remover them.

I am sure the invoice I received from the TA said something other than transfers.

Whoops, just looked at the invoice and it does say transfer, both specifically. But I can swear on the original invoice before we changed to add the tips before they were raised, it said something else. I do remember the TA trying to figure out what it was and coming up with transfers.

Edited by ontheweb
added last paragraph