Going Live! Carnival Venezia NYC 🗽 Canada/NE B2B Sept 16-29

Haljo1935

Here we are waiting for clearance to get off. We can have a drink, buy fake gold chains and listen to music. Found another duck, so that's 1 more we can hide.

How is the Inch of Gold open since we're at port? Everything around it is closed.

20230927_133502.jpg

20230927_133023.jpg

20230927_132647.jpg

20230927_133159.jpg

20230927_132640.jpg

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 3

This is of subject to all of what I have read but will admit been a little busy trying to get us together for our flights to board on Friday. Anyway we have considered getting the internet but have never used it on a carnival ship and only what few minutes we get free on other cruiseline. Is the ships internet what you've been using and does it seem to work well? Do you suggest needing to get the premium to be worth it and if so is it possible to make regular phone calls with it somehow?  Sorry for all the questions we had considered ATT at sea also

Times sure have changed over the past few years.  I can remember cruising and putting my phone in the safe for the week!  Cruising was the ONLY time we both disconnected from work and the internet.

Now more and more folks work remotely and often not just Monday thru Friday and it seems that technology is more in demand.  Not to mention that the cruise lines have supposedly improved their apps and want fellow cruisers to use the app ILO paper etc.

Not sure how I feel about all this technology, though it is not going to go back to the way it was for sure.

For me it is good to disconnect once in a while......guess time will tell.  I can only imagine what the world will be like when my grandkids are grown and adults....robots replace humans maybe?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 9/28/2023 at 12:15 AM, ftelah said:

This is of subject to all of what I have read but will admit been a little busy trying to get us together for our flights to board on Friday. Anyway we have considered getting the internet but have never used it on a carnival ship and only what few minutes we get free on other cruiseline. Is the ships internet what you've been using and does it seem to work well? Do you suggest needing to get the premium to be worth it and if so is it possible to make regular phone calls with it somehow?  Sorry for all the questions we had considered ATT at sea also

Yes, the Internet works very well on Venezia, and that is what I used for my vlog.  Premium may or may not be needed—my husband bought the non-premium package to surf some web sites and do email for a few days and it was fine.  

As for phone calls via WiFi, I am not sure—I am going to try on my next cruise (leaves Sunday) to put ON wifi calling and see if that works. BUT my phone is not always connected, sometimes my iPad is instead (1 device per plan).

I do not have extensive experience with ATT at Sea; on one ship, it worked OK, on anothr, it didn’t work at all, and in any event that is just for calls; wifi on that would be very slow and very expensive.

Hope that helps@

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/28/2023 at 12:15 AM, ftelah said:

We did not try to make calls and have never used ATT at Sea.

I don’t expect perfection w/the internet  - it goes in/out at home on land, so I wouldn't expect it to be better on a ship in the ocean.

Previously, I did not get internet and would only connect on port days using whatever connection I could get. But since I was working this time, I had to buy internet. I  got the premium since I needed to do Teams and Zoom calls. It worked fine.

I bought it pre-cruise bundled w/excursion so I got 10% discount. It was adequate for what I needed. 

• Like 1

On 9/28/2023 at 9:14 AM, Hogladyrider said:

Times sure have changed over the past few years.  I can remember cruising and putting my phone in the safe for the week!  Cruising was the ONLY time we both disconnected from work and the internet.

Now more and more folks work remotely and often not just Monday thru Friday and it seems that technology is more in demand.  Not to mention that the cruise lines have supposedly improved their apps and want fellow cruisers to use the app ILO paper etc.

Not sure how I feel about all this technology, though it is not going to go back to the way it was for sure.

For me it is good to disconnect once in a while......guess time will tell.  I can only imagine what the world will be like when my grandkids are grown and adults....robots replace humans maybe?

Same. I’m not sure I like the new tech world and always having my phone on a ship BUT I’m used to it now, and I’m not sure I could go back? Enjoy keeping in touch with my family and also being able to provide immediate content to my readers and viewers.

• Like 1

Just now, Cherries Jubilee said:

Is the Terrazza area still open to everyone after 7pm?

Hey @TravelBluebird ! Which ship are you on next?

Hey @Cherries Jubilee !  

It is my understanding that yes, the Terrazza area is open to everyone after 7pm-acccess is through the Terrazza Lounge, not around the outside of the ship.

And this Sunday, I board Royal Caribbean’s Wonder of the Seas! I’ve got a LIVE going over on the RC board. This should be interesting for all the Carnival cruisers as well, since I’m such a Carnival girl—this is my very first Royal Caribbean cruise, and you can bet I’ll be comparing the two cruise lines!

After that towards end of November, I’ll be on the Celebration!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TravelBluebird said:

Hey @Cherries Jubilee !  

It is my understanding that yes, the Terrazza area is open to everyone after 7pm-acccess is through the Terrazza Lounge, not around the outside of the ship.

And this Sunday, I board Royal Caribbean’s Wonder of the Seas! I’ve got a LIVE going over on the RC board. This should be interesting for all the Carnival cruisers as well, since I’m such a Carnival girl—this is my very first Royal Caribbean cruise, and you can bet I’ll be comparing the two cruise lines!

Oooh I’ll head over there and check out your Live! I haven’t sailed Wonder or read any reviews on her but I have sailed her sisters Allure, Oasis, and Symphony. I hope you have a great time!

And thank you for the Terrazza info! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TravelBluebird said:

Hey @Cherries Jubilee !  

Thanks for mentioning your live!!

I'm headed over there noe!

who can resist the invitation!?

Hugs

• Like 2

I will be a couple days before providing final pics, updates and comments - many flights out of NYC canceled today due to weather- mine included. So now I'm not home until about 2pm tomorrow. 

Disembarkation went well - it was quick. Only a couple negative comments (1 to me is a really big deal): after the last walk-offs & 1st luggage numbers were called, there were no more announcements in certain areas like the dining room. So if you weren't in a lounge, you couldn't hear numbers being called - oops.

Nobody advised pax the Fac Rec wasn't working (it worked at check in) so they knew to have docs handy.

There were no signs and no people letting pax know where the airport shuttles were located. We finally found someone to ask, but no shuttle (see next comment). Not having cruised out of MCT, I certainly didn't know where to go.

The real inconvenience was lack of shuttles. We pre-paid for shuttle to JFK. Nobody seemed to be able to find it. Turns out, they didn't get one and were calling private cars. After 2 hours waiting (in the 🌧) we did get a ride to the airport. There were about 10 of us hanging out in the same situation. Not a good move for Carnival to send someone home from a cruise on a bad note.

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

I will be a couple days before providing final pics, updates and comments - many flights out of NYC canceled today due to weather- mine included. So now I'm not home until about 2pm tomorrow. 

Disembarkation went well - it was quick. Only a couple negative comments (1 to me is a really big deal): after the last walk-offs & 1st luggage numbers were called, there were no more announcements in certain areas like the dining room. So if you weren't in a lounge, you couldn't hear numbers being called - oops.

Nobody advised pax the Fac Rec wasn't working (it worked at check in) so they knew to have docs handy.

There were no signs and no people letting pax know where the airport shuttles were located. We finally found someone to ask, but no shuttle (see next comment). Not having cruised out of MCT, I certainly didn't know where to go.

The real inconvenience was lack of shuttles. We pre-paid for shuttle to JFK. Nobody seemed to be able to find it. Turns out, they didn't get one and were calling private cars. After 2 hours waiting (in the 🌧) we did get a ride to the airport. There were about 10 of us hanging out in the same situation. Not a good move for Carnival to send someone home from a cruise on a bad note.

What a horrible way to end a good time. I’m sorry to hear you had to deal with that and especially on such a brisk wet day! I hope you’re somewhere warm and cozy now and that your travels tomorrow go smoothly!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

What a horrible way to end a good time. I’m sorry to hear you had to deal with that and especially on such a brisk wet day! I hope you’re somewhere warm and cozy now and that your travels tomorrow go smoothly!

Hunkered down under an airport blanket except for my toes!

16960364369218276933326590129495.jpg

• Like 2

@Haljo1935Thanks for the review...and the info I requested.

As to debarkation and shuttles...NOTHING was running yesterday morning.  We had the worst rainfall in the history of NY'C.....    Without knowing the specific facts...JFK is in a low lying area, the Belt Parkway/Van Wyck always floods.

https://www.foxweather.com/weather-news/new-york-new-jersey-east-coast-flood-rain-friday

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

@Haljo1935Thanks for the review...and the info I requested.

As to debarkation and shuttles...NOTHING was running yesterday morning.  We had the worst rainfall in the history of NY'C.....    Without knowing the specific facts...JFK is in a low lying area, the Belt Parkway/Van Wyck always floods.

https://www.foxweather.com/weather-news/new-york-new-jersey-east-coast-flood-rain-friday

Wow!  That is awful!  Sorry one of my favorite cities is suffering. 💔

• Like 3

On 9/25/2023 at 8:22 AM, Haljo1935 said:

Our orders: oatmeal, banana 🍌 vanilla Danish & crispy bacon; egg hard fried, ham, crispy bacon 🥓 chocolate muffin & vanilla Danish. Grapefruit OJ blend & coffee.

Server refilled the coffee w/decaf - I wasn't drinking decaf, but guess I am now.

20230925_072341.jpg

20230925_072336.jpg

20230925_071331.jpg

17 hours ago, EBONI325 said:

That's the only way I can eat oatmeal with bananas mixed in.

They brought it out to her cut up then she would mix in to eat. Usually, the bowl was so full, she'd have to eat it down some to fit banana in. 🤭

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

No ma’am! Oatmeal is my “cruise food.” Needs a thick sprinkling of brown sugar so it melts and sinks to the bottom and with every spoonful you get oatmeal and brown sugar….☺️😉😋😊

That sounds so yummy - especially on a cool fall morning. 🤭 Just a little warm milk to smooth it out.

• Like 2