ACROPOLIS TICKETS - OFFICIAL WEBSITE - THIS IS IT!

marazul

Hellenic Heritage is the one and only official website for Acropolis tickets:

https://hhticket.gr/

It is also the official website for more than 25 other archaeological and historical sites in Greece.  Here is the list:

https://hhticket.gr/tap_b2c_new/english/tap.exe?PM=P1P&region=all

To buy Acropolis tickets:

Go to https://hhticket.gr/

Click on "Buy Tickets"

Click on "Acropolis and Slopes"

Select your date

Select your time slot

Select "Single Use" or "Combined Ticket"

Select the number of tickets

Add to Cart

Buy

There is no such thing as a "skip the line" ticket.  Everyone has to go through security. 

The only line you can skip is the line at the ticket office which you skip by buying your tickets ahead of time.

Enjoy!

(And, please, post all your comments about tickets here so others can benefit from your experience.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Thank you! Oddly enough tickets for the day/time I was hoping to get were now available….which on another site that I was concerned was not the official site (clearly that instinct was correct!) so this was a terrific option!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, JerryInIL said:

Any comments on Athens By Locals for tickets?

You can only get into the Acropolis with an official ticket.

You can stand in line and buy them at the ticket office.

You can buy them ahead of time on the official website so you can skip the ticket line.

You can pay someone else to buy them for you ahead of time so you can skip the ticket line.

But they are all the same official ticket.  

There are no other lines that can be skipped.

Everybody has to go through the security line regardless of where or how you got your tickets.

Athens By Locals and many others are resellers. They buy the tickets for you so you don't have to stand in line (IN PERSON) at the ticket office to buy tickets. That is the same line you skip by buying the same tickets on your own on the official website. There are no other lines to skip with their "skip the line" tickets. 

The price of combined tickets on the official website is 30 euros ($32).  The price on the Athens by Locals website is $38.  

Resellers and tour companies do offer other benefits.  So, if you want to buy a tour that includes admission to the sites, that is the way to go. If you only want the tickets, buy them on your own.

Edited by marazul
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, acrane said:

Thank you for this!

Does anyone know, why you need to be there 30 minutes before your entry time? And, can you use either entrance with these tickets? Thanks.

Since this is a brand new rule, I hope that we get some comments added here by other travelers.  Reading the website and knowing (sort of) how they operate this is probably how it works:

Please make sure to be at the entrance 30 minutes before your chosen time slot!

It must be to line up for the security line. This is probably what it takes on very heavy attendance days. The entrance slot is one hour.  If you want to go in right on time, you should get there early to go through security.  If you arrive too close to the end of your slot, you might miss your time slot. But the time slot has some leeway.  Here is what the website says:

Entrance is available 15' before to 15' after the time of your choice!
For example, if you choose 10.00-11.00, you may enter the site from 09.45 to 11.15. 
(So, if you show up at 9:30 for security and the line moves fast, you can go in at 9:45)

The exception is if you book the last time slot of the day.  Then you should definitely be there more than 30 minutes before the beginning of the time slot.  These are the two key sections on the website:

Please note that from the previous rule the last entrance is excluded, since it is 30 minutes before closure.

Hours

From 1st of April until 31 of August 08:00 - 20:00
Last entrance to the Site at 19:30  (So, I would show up at 19:00)
On the 1st of September the opening hours apply, due to a gradual reduction in the length of the day, as follows:
1st to 15th September 08:00 - 19:30
Last entrance to the Site at 19:00 
16th to 30th September 08:00 - 19:00
Last entrance to the Site at 18:30
1st to 15th October 08:00 - 18:30
Last entrance to the Site at 18:00 and
16th to 31st October 08:00 - 18:00
Last entrance to the Site at 17:30

And yes, you can go in at either entrance with the official ticket.  There are security lines at both.

Edited by marazul
  • Thanks 2

This is great. I also found this site and determined it was the legit site for buying tickets, HOWEVER... when I am on there right now trying to buy tickets for Sunday, October 15 and their calendar says Sunday, October 16! Am I losing my mind??

Screenshot 2023-09-25 at 12.36.22 PM.png

31 minutes ago, efinand said:

This is great. I also found this site and determined it was the legit site for buying tickets, HOWEVER... when I am on there right now trying to buy tickets for Sunday, October 15 and their calendar says Sunday, October 16! Am I losing my mind??

Screenshot 2023-09-25 at 12.36.22 PM.png

The days are listed across the top of the calendar, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday AND Sunday being the last instead of first, like Americans are used to.  The calendar you posted has Sunday, October 15. *Sorry, didn't see you had figured it out 🙂

Edited by ninjacat123
didn't see subsequent post ;)
  • Like 1

Does anyone know if we'll be able to visit any of the other sites on the ticket before our Acropolis entrance time/day? We'd really like to see some things the day before our time at the Acropolis the next morning, but with this new timed ticket I don't know if they will allow us in.

14 hours ago, Enigami said:

Does anyone know if we'll be able to visit any of the other sites on the ticket before our Acropolis entrance time/day? We'd really like to see some things the day before our time at the Acropolis the next morning, but with this new timed ticket I don't know if they will allow us in.

Combined tickets are valid for 5 days. You can start at any of the sites, but must visit the rest, in any order, within 5 days of first use. So, yes, you can visit the other sites the day before your timed entry to the Acropolis.

Edited by marazul

We purchase Acropolis tickets (which are non-refundable, modifiable, etc.) in early September, from Key Tours Greece, through Booking.com.  At that time there was no window for requested time slots, so our tickets do not have a time on them.  I contacted Booking.com, who no longer have any relationship with Key Tours.  I have contacted Key Tours three times by email, requesting a time slot be added to the reservation.  No response.  The date if for October 19, 2023, so time is becoming important.

I have one question , first, is it absolutely critical for all tickets to have a time slot; and, if not, what then?  I am having a difficult time thinking that all the people who pre-purchased before time slot rule was passed, are going to be out of luck unless they re-purchase the tickets.  Suggestions, anyone?

7 minutes ago, Tampa Girl said:

We purchase Acropolis tickets (which are non-refundable, modifiable, etc.) in early September, from Key Tours Greece, through Booking.com.  At that time there was no window for requested time slots, so our tickets do not have a time on them.  I contacted Booking.com, who no longer have any relationship with Key Tours.  I have contacted Key Tours three times by email, requesting a time slot be added to the reservation.  No response.  The date if for October 19, 2023, so time is becoming important.

I have one question , first, is it absolutely critical for all tickets to have a time slot; and, if not, what then?  I am having a difficult time thinking that all the people who pre-purchased before time slot rule was passed, are going to be out of luck unless they re-purchase the tickets.  Suggestions, anyone?

If I had tickets without a time, I would probably plan on arriving at the Acropolis when it first opens and ask when you can use the ticket.  From what I understand from these boards, it's advantageous to be at the Acropolis early or late in the day for smaller crowds.  Or you could buy another ticket through the site https://hhticket.gr and guarantee that you have tickets for when you want.  I hope things work out for you!

2 hours ago, Tampa Girl said:

I understand they will honor the tickets whenever you show up. But follow ninjacat123's advice in case you have to wait.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, marazul said:

I understand they will honor the tickets whenever you show up. But follow ninjacat123's advice in case you have to wait.

Thanks so to you and ninjacat123'ss advice.  I feel better about being able to use these tickets.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

Can I buy all 4 of our tickets on one booking?  Will they honor that at the security line?  3 in our group are 65 and older.  Where do we get our discount?  Thanks.

Are you buying your tickets through the site in my post #16? I bought my two tickets through that site then went to the ticket kiosk to redeem them. You should be able to get your discount at the website. When are you going to the Acropolis?

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Are you buying your tickets through the site in my post #16? I bought my two tickets through that site then went to the ticket kiosk to redeem them. You should be able to get your discount at the website. When are you going to the Acropolis?

Me, daughter and 2 SIL going in Oct 2024 off a cruise.  Website is telling me eticket is not available at this time.

49 minutes ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

Me, daughter and 2 SIL going in Oct 2024 off a cruise.  Website is telling me eticket is not available at this time.

Yeah, I tried to book tickets and it would only let me book for this week.  You could book tickets through TripAdvisor then cancel if you can get earlier tickets through the official website a week before your trip. When we arrived early to get in line to enter the Acropolis, I believe tickets were available at the Ticket Office for an earlier entry.  I had purchased an entry time of 8:45am I think and they made us wait until that exact minute. In retrospect, since we were able to get to the ticket office by 8:15, I wish I would have purchased tickets when we arrived and walked in at 8:30am.  Not a huge difference but the tour groups were lining up to enter at 9:00am and we wanted to be ahead of them.  Remember to check your backpacks.  Wear shoes that can support you over rough terrain.  Is everyone in your party able to climb stairs?

6 hours ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

Patience. Try again in a few days.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Yeah, I tried to book tickets and it would only let me book for this week.  You could book tickets through TripAdvisor then cancel if you can get earlier tickets through the official website a week before your trip. When we arrived early to get in line to enter the Acropolis, I believe tickets were available at the Ticket Office for an earlier entry.  I had purchased an entry time of 8:45am I think and they made us wait until that exact minute. In retrospect, since we were able to get to the ticket office by 8:15, I wish I would have purchased tickets when we arrived and walked in at 8:30am.  Not a huge difference but the tour groups were lining up to enter at 9:00am and we wanted to be ahead of them.  Remember to check your backpacks.  Wear shoes that can support you over rough terrain.  Is everyone in your party able to climb stairs?

thanks! Yes everyone is able to climb stairs.  

• Like 1