Hawaii to Vancouver

lynnek

We began in Honolulu on 4/26 so were sailing into early May.  The temps were great…warm and sunny.  We did spend some time in the Solarium one day midway across when it was windy.  We booked side by side SVs so we could enjoy beautiful sunsets as we sailed east to Vancouver.

Edited by lola2013
  • Thanks 1

Not quite, but I have done Vancouver to Hawaii in late April. Most of the sea days were not that great, but it got a lot better the last day and a half before Hilo.  I would expect you would get that, but in reverse.

• Thanks 1

I did the reverse on HAL several years ago in early October, and we hit an unexpected storm, on a HAL ship, with waves crashing over my deck 7 balcony. It's the only time I've ever had to crawl to the bathroom in order to not fall over, and all night it was up and down, like the most sickening carnival ride ever. The problem is once you head north towards Vancouver--I do coastal trips at least twice a year, and you can get decent weather, but you can also get gales so strong that they close off all outer deck access. It's just like a Translantic, you can't predict based on previous experience. 

• Thanks 1