Carry on food questio

I don't know Holy Doughnuts; and since I don't live in the right area, I suppose that's not going to change.  I'm definitely curious about potato doughnuts -- are they heavy?  But, then, potato bread isn't heavy.  

As for the dippings and toppings, they look something like Duck Doughnuts, which we have here.  The chain originated in the town of Duck, which is in the NC Outer Banks.  It is a good thing I don't live near a chain.  

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

I bet that the security folks would eat them.............it is a SIN to throw away Holy Donuts!!!!

I think for this, to not encourage the security folks, donuts should be eaten right there or offered to other passengers until the contraband is gone.  

• Like 1

On 9/12/2023 at 8:21 PM, SchoolNurseMom said:

I’ve had some themed cookies made that I’d like to carry on the ship to surprise members of our group. Is this allowed in carry on? Or do I need to come up with a way to safely put them in my suitcase? Any ideas? 

My recommendation is to follow RCI’s rules and not bring the cookies on the ship. I don’t understand people who plan to break the rules before their cruise even starts.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

My recommendation is to follow RCI’s rules and not bring the cookies on the ship. I don’t understand people who plan to break the rules before their cruise even starts.  

🙄...Just Wow !!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2023 at 9:25 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

I'm all about following the rules.  The rules are in place to help a large number of people live together in a small area -- safely and without conflict. 

BUT bringing cookies for your own consumption doesn't affect anyone else.  Doesn't hurt the cruise line.  It's a stupid rule.  An unenforceable rule.  Ignore it.  

On 9/17/2023 at 6:06 AM, GimmeOcean said:

A few cookies? Who does that hurt?

We all know that some people are just bad.  BAD, in fact.  I probably wouldn't take homemade food from a stranger onboard, but this query was about cookies to share amongst friends and family, so I'll echo your point:  Who's hurt by a few cookies?  

I remember bringing a small bag of cookies from the marketplace in I think St. John. Never occurred to me that it wasn’t allowed but no one said a word going through security to get back on the ship. 

I just returned from our Celebrity Summit cruise to Canada & New England and brought back to the ship a dozen donuts purchased in Portland, Maine - no problem bringing them on board. There was a man about 5 people ahead of me in the security line that put his box of donuts in the plastic security tray and nothing was said. I had my box of Holy Donuts in a paper bag and they were not questioned.