Complimentary wine list?

1sttimerrt

I didn't like most of the complimentary wines that were offered at mealtime.   When I asked for a wine list, I was given one with pricy premium wines, which I ordered from a few times.   Does Regent not provide a list of complimentary wines offered?

• Like 1

Yes, Regent does.  You ask a server when enjoying your initial glass of wine at the Pool Grill or La Veranda on that first afternoon after boarding; or later that evening to Compass Rose Dining Room Staff and/or your Suite Attendant/Butler.  You will get the "List" in short order.  And, it is quite extensive. 

Also, we often attend a general wine sampling "event" usually held on the late morning of the first full cruise day in an area outside Compass Rose.  There, having been furnished with pencil and paper by Staff, do a sampling of several wines from each variety.  Again, these will come from the "included" complimentary cupboard. 

There have been several, recent separate Threads on this matter.  Guests have posted copies of such Lists from various Regent ships for all to peruse. You will find these without much effort.  

This has never been an "issue" for us.  Like so-many other matters on Regent--make a request in a polite manner about almost anything concerning the onboard experience, and you will receive an answer.  

Now, final packing for tomorrow's short 'hop to Vancouver, B.C. before boarding Explorer on the 20th.  

GOARMY!

• Like 5

I have found it difficult to easily get a copy.  My friendly advice is to keep asking, perhaps start with the head sommelier not a floor steward. 

The house list is stashed onboard but, based on my experiences, it can be an Easter Egg hunt.  When you get a copy ask the head sommelier which wines were eliminated and added from the list...and what house wines he/she recommends to try.

On Mariner now and have asked five different people, including our butler and at Compass Rose, for the complimentary wine list, but with no success so far. We were a bit  surprised last night to receive evasive replies from a not very helpful sommelier in Chartreuse when we asked him to remind us what complimentary wines were available there as they were not listed on the menu. Luckily, we’d checked  the wines on the Regent web site and so were able to ask for the Crozes Hermitage, which was produced a little grudgingly and was quite good, recommended! 

Many good things to enjoy so far on this cruise, but the service is a bit hit and miss, except at the bars where it’s prompt and smiley.

• Like 1

Update! At an exemplary breakfast in Compass Rose, Abegail kindly pursued the elusive wine list and it was delivered in person by the charming head sommelier, Joliza. It’s a formally printed four page document with a nice picture on the front. Can’t think why it’s not in every cabin together with the plethora of other printed stuff that the technically-challenged Regent provides.  But anyway, here it is. The Sancerre is not available on this trip.IMG_0615.thumb.jpeg.b2a685f4ccb0a546ee8bfc8bc54bc9f7.jpegIMG_0614.thumb.jpeg.a14acb85871d4c5b2646b38424721bcb.jpegIMG_0613.thumb.jpeg.9f203fd43c27579bb7ff263a02326753.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Thank you for providing the list. I’m an old world wine person but don’t drink Pinot Grigio of old world wines. There are a few there that I could cope with so all good.

Apart from from Prime 7, as all Californian, would I be able to ask for an alternative or is that not possible? 

Oh yes, you can always get what you want, though they may have to go away and get it. We can’t take the Pinot Grigio either, although we’re assured by friends that it’s improved since the ‘80s! Why not try the Morning Fog Chardonnay as a way into the New World - very palatable? We are also enjoying the Pinot Blanc very much, being Alsace fans.

• Like 1