Cruise Port to LAX?

Critic276

We are sailing into the Los Angeles port on the Island Princess on January 18th. Can anyone tell me the best, cheapest, easiest way to get to the LAX airport? We have the whole day as we are having dinner with someone and then flying the next day. TYIA

If there are at least 2 people,  Lyft or Uber is less expensive.  It just may take a while,  depending on how many ships are in port. Do you have a hotel booked? The other advantage is being able to go straight to the hotel rather than the airport and catching a shuttle. 

38 minutes ago, Critic276 said:

We are sailing into the Los Angeles port on the Island Princess on January 18th. Can anyone tell me the best, cheapest, easiest way to get to the LAX airport? We have the whole day as we are having dinner with someone and then flying the next day. TYIA

When your ready to go to LAX, just call an Uber or Lyft. Easy and less expensive than a taxi.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, waltd said:

If you have the whole day just sign up for the Princess Transfer.   If you are familiar with Uber call them.   Last resort a taxi.  Just my opinion.

OP is not going to LAX until a day later.  Can’t use a PCL transfer a day later after disembarking.

• Thanks 1

Cheapest?  You can do it by city bus.  We have done it (pre-coivd), so assume it still works, but there are lots of stops in between.  There is also (at least there was when we did it) an express bus that goes to/from LAX to the Long Beach transit center.  It used to be about $10 pp (probably more now).  From that transfer station, you would need to catch the San Pedro city bus route, but there is some walking at the end to get to the port from the bus stop. 

I have done this many times. Use Uber/Lyft, taxi, or one of the group shuttles such as Prime Time. These will take you to your overnight hotel or to your friends house. Do not book the Princess shuttle. This will take you to the airport arrivals area. Then you will have to make your way to the ground transportation area to get an Uber/Lyft or taxi to take you to your final location. For two people the services suggested for two are less than Princess for two.