Forced Disembarkation in NYC one day early for ship christening on 10/12

Chefdi13

1 hour ago, florisdekort said:

Baffled by the total disregard for paying customers.

Reflects their standard overall shoreside- haven’t grasped their customers aren’t from the factory ship herd mentality 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, florisdekort said:

Not at all.  Concerns were addressed in this cruise, even to the GM/HD or whatever he is titled.  Response has been zero.

Software upgrades won't work if the firmware resists any kind of change.  And that's what the management demonstrates.....stubborn fixation on THEIR methods.

15 hours ago, florisdekort said:

I am not sure that is for people who are already on the ship. How can they require you to be off by 8 and then not get back on until 7 PM??  Unreasonable.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Caroldoll said:

I am not sure that is for people who are already on the ship. How can they require you to be off by 8 and then not get back on until 7 PM??  Unreasonable.

I received communication today that stated all passengers must be off by 8 AM with their luggage and go through customs.  not sure to applies to everyone. It was enough for us to end our trip a day early.

58 minutes ago, Waltershipman said:

I received communication today that stated all passengers must be off by 8 AM with their luggage and go through customs.  not sure to applies to everyone. It was enough for us to end our trip a day early.

I do understand that and I was tempted to end it a day early, but it required so many changes for us, we just thought we would take a taxi up to the Ritz Carlton (close) and then walk down to Bergdorf for a little retail therapy.  We don't figure on being off all day.  It is an inconvenience, and the cruise line has handled this badly.  We probably will never cruise with them again, but we are open minded.

15 minutes ago, Caroldoll said:

I do understand that and I was tempted to end it a day early, but it required so many changes for us, we just thought we would take a taxi up to the Ritz Carlton (close) and then walk down to Bergdorf for a little retail therapy.  We don't figure on being off all day.  It is an inconvenience, and the cruise line has handled this badly.  We probably will never cruise with them again, but we are open minded.

Seems like you will be on board while we are we board on October 3. Saw you are in Prescott. We used to have a lot in Prescott  Catherdral pines i recall. 

We too are open mminded and had to cancel lunch at  Le Bernadine but other than that we were able to change our flight to a day earlier so while disappointing we did not want to pack out pack back in only to pack out again

Hope to meet you on board

Thanks for your posts

Yes E J screwed up big time and yet i hope cruise will be spectacular 

5 hours ago, Waltershipman said:

Seems like you will be on board while we are we board on October 3. Saw you are in Prescott. We used to have a lot in Prescott  Catherdral pines i recall. 

We too are open mminded and had to cancel lunch at  Le Bernadine but other than that we were able to change our flight to a day earlier so while disappointing we did not want to pack out pack back in only to pack out again

Thanks for your posts

We hope to see you on board too.  Did you live in Prescott?  We love it here in Hassayampa

5 hours ago, Waltershipman said:

Thanks for your posts

We tend to make lemonade out of lemons, so the cruise will be good. We travel light, REAL light so luggage is minimal.  Have it down to a science with designer stuff that doesn't wrinkle, so really don't have to unpack.  Made all the difference this time.  Thanks for the posts.

• Thanks 1

On 9/20/2023 at 7:14 PM, Wheelhouse said:

I noticed the influencer who runs the pages Explora Journeys by MSC Group will be back on Oct 3-13.  Do you think that she will be asked to leave on the 12th?  

It seems that out of the blue last week TA’s and influencers got all excited because they’ve been invited back for another FREE  cruise on board Explora! And now a few days later paying guests lose a day onboard with inadequate notice and compensation! Experience has taught us that those TA’s enjoying their free cruise will be lavished over while those on board who paid will be pushed to the back! 😢 

4 minutes ago, kidless said:

It seems that out of the blue last week TA’s and influencers got all excited because they’ve been invited back for another FREE  cruise on board Explora! And now a few days later paying guests lose a day onboard with inadequate notice and compensation! Experience has taught us that those TA’s enjoying their free cruise will be lavished over while those on board who paid will be pushed to the back! 😢 

Awful attitude to the paying customers MSC. 

If correct when will they engage brain - you can pander to agents and so called influencers all you like, the paying public are your judges and can also through various media have a very strong voice 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Caroldoll said:

We hope to see you on board too.  Did you live in Prescott?  We love it here in Hassayampa

We live in Happy Valley Oregon just outside Portland having moved here from Malibu ca to be grandparents we have relatives in Prescott and many years ago bought a lot in cathedral pines to move and build a home in Prescott. We did not do that and sold our lot. We did spend quite a lot of time there years ago and still go there to visit.  We used to spend every new years in Sedona 

Hope to meet up with you on board

2 hours ago, Waltershipman said:

We live in Happy Valley Oregon just outside Portland having moved here from Malibu ca to be grandparents we have relatives in Prescott and many years ago bought a lot in cathedral pines to move and build a home in Prescott. We did not do that and sold our lot. We did spend quite a lot of time there years ago and still go there to visit.  We used to spend every new years in Sedona 

Hope to meet up with you on board

We hope to meet you too.  Prescott has unique weather.  Never really hot and only a little snow in the winter.  I am not sure you stayed around long enough to notice.  Great little family town.  We moved three years ago from Newport Beach, CA.  Homes have gone up close to double since we purchased it.  The only down side is we formerly were only 60 min from the airport, now is two hours.   Hope to meet you too.

25 minutes ago, Caroldoll said:

We hope to meet you too.  Prescott has unique weather.  Never really hot and only a little snow in the winter.  I am not sure you stayed around long enough to notice.  Great little family town.  We moved three years ago from Newport Beach, CA.  Homes have gone up close to double since we purchased it.  The only down side is we formerly were only 60 min from the airport, now is two hours.   Hope to meet you too.

About 20 years ago, we had a motorhome that we parked in Prescott off of highway 89 for about 6 months in anticipation of moving from our then home in West covina.  We wound up moving to malibu instead which was great.

We have spent a fair amount of time in Prescott visiting family who are there, 

Look forward to.meeting. the lot we owned was uo the hill from what i now think is a mexican restaurant 

We have also spent a ton of time in Newport beach

See you soon

1 hour ago, Waltershipman said:

About 20 years ago, we had a motorhome that we parked in Prescott off of highway 89 for about 6 months in anticipation of moving from our then home in West covina.  We wound up moving to malibu instead which was great.

We have spent a fair amount of time in Prescott visiting family who are there, 

Look forward to.meeting. the lot we owned was uo the hill from what i now think is a mexican restaurant 

We have also spent a ton of time in Newport beach

See you soon

Ah, West Covina--right in our back yard.  My husband was formerly Mayor of Arcadia!  Do not miss the San Gabriel Valley!

36 minutes ago, Caroldoll said:

Ah, West Covina--right in our back yard.  My husband was formerly Mayor of Arcadia!  Do not miss the San Gabriel Valley!

Dang i was on the west covina planning commission for 9 years

Maybe i knew him we will have to follow up and check probably have some common contacts

Just took a look at where the EJ1 has docked in NYC, and it is at Pier 90!  That particular pier (which is a one-ship pier) is located at 50th Street and 12th Ave.  I will take a wild guess that the ship will be at the same pier when it returns on Oct 12, because that makes the most sense for the folks who will pay for parking.

Hank

• Thanks 1