Sky Princess New Production Show

karatemom2

2 hours ago, jovisoul said:

We walked out of that show, it was awful. Just my opinion folks!

What age range is walking out?  Just curious. 

Newer ships have newer shows. 

We've enjoyed Imagine Dragons in concert, and Lady Gaga live last year in Vegas, and attended Harry's House twice when he was in town. 

2 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

What age range is walking out?  Just curious. 

Newer ships have newer shows. 

We've enjoyed Imagine Dragons in concert, and Lady Gaga live last year in Vegas, and attended Harry's House twice when he was in town. 

5 hours ago, jovisoul said:

What concerts have you attended recently? Or in the last couple of years?

Do you enjoy musical theater National Tours, or Broadway performances?  We do.

Think Princess is relevant with mainstream contemporary popular music, which is appealing to most.  They don't have rap, metal, punk, electronica, etc.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2023 at 3:24 AM, karatemom2 said:

Yes, it is confusing. The CD made a giant production of the fact that this was the big premier of a brand new show! I mean he seriously kept saying how lucky we were to be the first to see it?? I had never heard of it so it seemed plausible. I can only assume it was a first for that particular cast? Or first this season? I don’t know. Or he was just trying to make us excited. I’m perplexed. 

I was also on this cruise with you and I think he was really explaining it was a first for this new production cast who joined in Gibraltar for the first time , we we’re also on sky in June and saw the show then with Dan being the new cruise director, it was a twist of words really but he was really explaining it’s a new cast with their very first performance doing it .

5 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

I was also on this cruise with you and I think he was really explaining it was a first for this new production cast who joined in Gibraltar for the first time , we we’re also on sky in June and saw the show then with Dan being the new cruise director, it was a twist of words really but he was really explaining it’s a new cast with their very first performance doing it .

It may have seemed more clear to you since you had seen it on a previous sailing, but for those of us who hadn’t it was not. He referred to it as a “premier performance” and how “lucky we were to be there for the first show”.  I know for a fact many others who were not familiar with this show thought the same. We talked to one of our new friends we met on the ship and he and his party were so excited to be privileged to see a new show they went to both performances. So, it was misleading to a lot of us who didn’t realize he was just talking about a new cast performing. 

On 9/20/2023 at 10:24 PM, karatemom2 said:

Yes, it is confusing. The CD made a giant production of the fact that this was the big premier of a brand new show! I mean he seriously kept saying how lucky we were to be the first to see it?? I had never heard of it so it seemed plausible. I can only assume it was a first for that particular cast? Or first this season? I don’t know. Or he was just trying to make us excited. I’m perplexed. 

We are talking about "Princess" where they consider a 5 year old Production a "new show."  Just more of the usual marketing hype.  Bottom line is that if you like the show that is a good thing (doesn't matter if it is new) and if you do not like the show you can walk out (we did this when we saw it on the Enchanted Princess).  That being said, the performers are always changing and the change of personnel can change one's perception of any show.  When we are on the Sky (December) we would still attend and hope that a different cast changes our mind :).

Hank

19 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

We love it, and we're not the younger generation. 

To that point...

Steve Wozniak is 73 year old

Paul Allen would have been 70.

Steve Jobs would have been 68.

Bill Gates is 67.

And if you went to Woodstock when you were 20 years old, you are now 74.

And if you were in high school when you rushed out to the record store to buy Led Zeppelin IV (ZOSO) when it when it came out so that you could blast "Stairway" and play air guitar to the solo at the end, you are now around 69 years old.

So the ideas that high tech and pop music are for 22 year-olds is pretty much over.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

To that point...

Steve Wozniak is 73 year old

Paul Allen would have been 70.

Steve Jobs would have been 68.

Bill Gates is 67.

And if you went to Woodstock when you were 20 years old, you are now 74.

And if you were in high school when you rushed out to the record store to buy Led Zeppelin IV (ZOSO) when it when it came out so that you could blast "Stairway" and play air guitar to the solo at the end, you are now around 69 years old.

So the ideas that high tech and pop music are for 22 year-olds is pretty much over.  

Yes, and look at all the parents and grandparents who took kids to Taylor Swift.  We went, and it was all ages

Duran Duran concerts, majority of the attendees are in their 50's and 60's.

We're going to P!nk in a couple weeks, and Pat Benatar, who is SEVENTY, is opening for her. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Pat Benatar, who is SEVENTY, is opening for her.

This is just sad.  That means she can't afford life in retirement and she needs the money.  She was a headliner and now just an opening act.

1 hour ago, SCX22 said:

This is just sad.  That means she can't afford life in retirement and she needs the money.  She was a headliner and now just an opening act.

OK, going way off topic here but I have to chime in and defend my girl, because my husband and I are huge fans of Pat Benatar and her husband Neil Giraldo. They are amazing performers. She is still vibrant and sounds and looks amazing. They are not hurting for money and if she wanted to hang it up and retire, she certainly could. Why would she when she still wants to do what she enjoys?

If you see them in concert like we have several times over the past few years, you can tell that they LOVE to perform. But of course she is not filling stadiums anymore and they tend to perform in smaller venues. We were thrilled to be in the audience at their Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction last year and see them perform there. That honor was way overdue. 

Pink was also there as a presenter and it was from that interaction that the opportunity for them to join her concert materialized. Why wouldn't they want to be a part of that? I don't think they have any ego around being an opening act - especially for an artist like Pink that they clearly admire. These are huge stadium shows and will expose them to an entirely new audience. It is a great thing and as a super fan I'm thrilled for them. Hardly sad!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SCX22 said:

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or...

She has PLENTY of money, and is worth around $40 million.

She enjoys performing and tours with her husband, who is her guitarist.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, karatemom2 said:

OK, going way off topic here but I have to chime in and defend my girl, because my husband and I are huge fans of Pat Benatar and her husband Neil Giraldo. They are amazing performers. She is still vibrant and sounds and looks amazing. They are not hurting for money and if she wanted to hang it up and retire, she certainly could. Why would she when she still wants to do what she enjoys?

If you see them in concert like we have several times over the past few years, you can tell that they LOVE to perform. But of course she is not filling stadiums anymore and they tend to perform in smaller venues. We were thrilled to be in the audience at their Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction last year and see them perform there. That honor was way overdue. 

Pink was also there as a presenter and it was from that interaction that the opportunity for them to join her concert materialized. Why wouldn't they want to be a part of that? I don't think they have any ego around being an opening act - especially for an artist like Pink that they clearly admire. These are huge stadium shows and will expose them to an entirely new audience. It is a great thing and as a super fan I'm thrilled for them. Hardly sad!!

What an incredible event to experience!  

Love that backstory, P!nk inviting her to join the summer carnival.

We've seen Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo perform at a local venue a few years ago, and it was a fun show.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, startedwithamouse said:

What an incredible event to experience!  

Love that backstory, P!nk inviting her to join the summer carnival.

We've seen Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo perform at a local venue a few years ago, and it was a fun show.  

It was pretty amazing! We were so lucky to get tickets as it happened to be in LA last year and being such big fans of Pat and Neil we decided to see if we could go and it all worked out. But the other inductees were incredible as well - Duran Duran, Lionel Ritchie, Carly Simon, Judas Priest, Eminem and Dolly Parton. To say it was a star studded event is an understatement! The show was over 5 hours long - don't know how they managed to edit it down for the three hour TV version. 

All I can say is that I felt like I was 21 again and it was one of the best nights of my life!! My DH and I rocked out and didn't even worry if our backs would be sore in the morning! : )

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Micahs Grandad said:

Or she enjoys getting up on stage and will do it for less money than before.

Or…the money back in the 70’s and 80’s wasn’t all that great when concert tickets cost $12 and she actually makes more money now. I guarantee that Bruce Springsteen and the Eagles are making more money now on their respective tours than they ever made between 1975-1990. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Or…the money back in the 70’s and 80’s wasn’t all that great when concert tickets cost $12 and she actually makes more money now. I guarantee that Bruce Springsteen and the Eagles are making more money now on their respective tours than they ever made between 1975-1990. 

Interesting.