Velocity points for Virgin Cruise.

Mine arrived this morning too, with the access key.

Booking was a bit messy as the instructions tell you to enter your Sailor details then the access key. The first time I entered the access key it gave an error. So then I tried going further through the booking, which allowed me to enter our Sailor details but then I couldn't enter the access key. SO I went back by clicking on the arrow in the Sea Terrace. I entered the access key again and this time it worked as it had retained our Sailor details.

BTW it allocates the cabins - there doesn't appear to be any way to select them but by restarting the booking you get a different cabin number each time. With all the messing around trying to figure out their booking system we "saw" four different cabins but luckily the one we got on our final try was the best - deck 10 aft.

Woohoo!!!! We're booked! 4 nights, Sydney to Hobart, 11th February 😊

• Like 1

Virgin are weird! They number their cabins from aft forward, so the low numbers are aft. Plus they have the same cabin number both port and starboard but the port ones end in A and the starboard ones end in Z. 

I foresee a few people trying to get into the wrong cabin late at night after a few adult beverages! 🤣

• Haha 1

Slightly off topic - here in NZ they've just screened a free to air series called The Cruise, featuring Virgin's Scarlet Lady sailings out of Miami. Ship looks lovely. Passengers are called Sailors and their top tier of passengers are called Rock Stars - a whole new lingo to get used to  🛳

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Has anyone tried to change their cabin assignment?

Before finalizing the booking or after?

You can try again for a different cabin by going back at the initial stage of booking. It seemed to bring up a different cabin each time although they were all aft. But when we went back to enter the access key we didn't end up with the cabin it showed that time, we ended up with the previous one it had allocated. It's a very awkward booking process. 

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Before finalizing the booking or after?

You can try again for a different cabin by going back at the initial stage of booking. It seemed to bring up a different cabin each time although they were all aft. But when we went back to enter the access key we didn't end up with the cabin it showed that time, we ended up with the previous one it had allocated. It's a very awkward booking process. 

Hi

i am really pleased to hear that a few of the CC people have managed to get this “free” cruise.   Please let us know all about the cruises when you are on them or have completed.

they advertise these cruises for a younger more “swinging “ cohort.   

we are getting more variety of cruises in OZ.  Disney and Virgin for example.   I am wondering if the prices will go down?

we have booked two cruises in June and July with Carnival.  We went on Carnival a few years ago, with Grandkids and it was ok. Not my first choice if there was a bigger variety,  but I do not want to go to Europe next year with the Olympics on in Paris but want out of Melbourne during the winter!🥶.

Eileen 

2 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

After.

It is a strange booking process. It's essentially a guarantee cabin, except you get told what cabin you have up front at booking.

We were quite happy with the cabin we ended up with so don't need to change it but it would be interesting to hear if anyone tries that.

Yes, it's an odd way of allocating cabins.  Some experienced cruisers, who prefer to select their cabins, may not bother trying Virgin because of that.

Also the fares they quote are per cabin, not per person like all the other cruise lines. If you were just glancing at them you could mistake it for a per person fare and then it would seem very expensive.

2 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

I suspect that Virgin might be more flexible with prices than Disney. We'll have to see what they do with unsold cabins when they get close to sailing date.

Maybe they've already started doing that with the Velocity points deal.

I believe if you call them you can change the cabin number.  Phone for Aus is 1800 491 708.  I had to call when they cancelled on me some months back and they were very friendly.  I think they were in Manila although it is hard to get them to admit it.

Another thing they do Loyalty Match with most other lines and you can get Deep Blue Extras added to your booking which gives you special boarding, $100 drinks package (we think pp) $10 per day for speciality coffee per cabin, laundry, upgraded wifi and a few other things.  Google their website for loyalty match form.

• Thanks 1

I couldn't resist this offer either! Jumped on it as soon as the offer email came out! Was going to use my Velocity points to book business class to Europe for my NCL Epic cruise next year but will now just fly economy one way. A 'free' 5 day cruise is way better value to me than a business class vs economy seat!

Booked the 27th January  5 night Melbourne-Hobart-Melbourne cruise. Am excited to check out the night life!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

Our email also arrived without an Access Key. We have not yet received a replacement email.

Have you managed to book the cruise you wanted once your code arrived?

Hi. Yes! Booked 11 Feb Sydney- Hobart , it was pretty easy. 
Looking forward seeing what Virgin Voyages is like. 
I am also going to apply for loyalty match - Diamond on RCI - I read somewhere that the offer is only available until December 2023 - but will give it a go and see if it works!! 

• Thanks 1

We are still waiting for a replacement email with a valid AccessKey. Called Virgin Voyages, waited on hold for nearly an hour to speak to someone. They advised that everyone got an initial email with a blank access key and that a replacement email will be sent sometime. When I told them that I knew that other people had received theirs and had already made bookings they told me that I had to wait and it might take up to 5 business days.  They said that there was nothing that they could do to help me before next Saturday, they did not even have a contact for the relevant team.  I have also emailed a query this morning and have not yet received a reply. I did let them know that I am not happy that other people are making bookings and we will probably miss out on our choice of cruises. So far I am not at all impressed.  Who knows what the onboard experience will be like, but I am not holding high hopes.

Yes I have checked my junk emails.

45 minutes ago, Jandex said:

I am also going to apply for loyalty match - Diamond on RCI - I read somewhere that the offer is only available until December 2023 - but will give it a go and see if it works!! 

That's the one we're on! 

4 hours ago, Jandex said:

They have extended the Deep Blue Extras offer for cruises including 2024.  Not sure whether till June or Dec.

Edited by Ondine