Casual Dining on Premium Package

katmigordon

20 minutes ago, katmigordon said:

On premium the causal restaurants are unlimited, so can we just go in and order whatever we want? As much as you want?

It's unliimited for the prix fixe meals. You can't simply order any and everything and it's covered.

It's one app, one main, one dessert, or some combination based on what venue. Ie Salty Dog is 2 plates and 1 dessert. And so forth.

52 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

It's unliimited for the prix fixe meals. You can't simply order any and everything and it's covered.

It's one app, one main, one dessert, or some combination based on what venue. Ie Salty Dog is 2 plates and 1 dessert. And so forth.

So what I'm hearing is I can order as many of those meals as I want... seems to me like it would be cheaper to just let me get one or 2 apps a single main and a dessert or something.

• Like 1

If I order a prix free meal, I suspect I could leave some items off - and just get an appetizer, for example. I doubt they would force me to eat the rest of the meal.

I think the real question is whether or not there is a time restriction between two prix free meals. If I want two appetizers (charged as two prix free meals), is there a minimum time I have to wait between the two meals?

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

If I order a prix free meal, I suspect I could leave some items off - and just get an appetizer, for example. I doubt they would force me to eat the rest of the meal.

I think the real question is whether or not there is a time restriction between two prix free meals. If I want two appetizers (charged as two prix free meals), is there a minimum time I have to wait between the two meals?

I didn't see anything that mentioned a time limit - just unlimited casual dinging.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Snaxmuppet said:

I have taken it that with Premium it reverts back to how it was prior to the changes. Is that assumption wrong?

Incorrect. Details on casual dining included with Plus or Premier Cruise Packages is detailed on the website:

"3. What are casual dining meals and where can I get them?

We’re introducing exciting new 3-course prix fixe meals at our casual dining venues. These vary by ship, but include: O’Malley’s, Ocean Terrace, Vines, Alfredo’s Pizzeria, Gigi’s Pizzeria, Kai Sushi, Planks, BBQ, Steamers and Salty Dog Gastropub.

4. What changes can I expect if I don’t have a Princess Plus or Princess Premier package?

Select casual dining venues will now include a cover charge of $14.99 for the new multi-course prix fixe meals. A la carte items may also be purchased individually. A one-time access fee of $14.99 per person per voyage will apply for OceanNow® delivery and a $5 room service fee will apply for each order placed by stateroom phone. OceanNow delivery refers to orders placed through the app that are delivered to wherever you are, including your stateroom."

So, yeah - Plus/Premier include the prix fixe meals, not anything or everything you want as much as you want. That, you'd pay a la carte. 

For instance, at Steamers, there's an additional lobster tail available for $10 on top of the three courses - even with Premier, you pay the $10 for the extra.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Incorrect. Details on casual dining included with Plus or Premier Cruise Packages is detailed on the website:

"3. What are casual dining meals and where can I get them?

We’re introducing exciting new 3-course prix fixe meals at our casual dining venues. These vary by ship, but include: O’Malley’s, Ocean Terrace, Vines, Alfredo’s Pizzeria, Gigi’s Pizzeria, Kai Sushi, Planks, BBQ, Steamers and Salty Dog Gastropub.

4. What changes can I expect if I don’t have a Princess Plus or Princess Premier package?

Select casual dining venues will now include a cover charge of $14.99 for the new multi-course prix fixe meals. A la carte items may also be purchased individually. A one-time access fee of $14.99 per person per voyage will apply for OceanNow® delivery and a $5 room service fee will apply for each order placed by stateroom phone. OceanNow delivery refers to orders placed through the app that are delivered to wherever you are, including your stateroom."

So, yeah - Plus/Premier include the prix fixe meals, not anything or everything you want as much as you want. That, you'd pay a la carte. 

For instance, at Steamers, there's an additional lobster tail available for $10 on top of the three courses - even with Premier, you pay the $10 for the extra.   

I think you are trying to read more into it than it actually says.

• Like 3

Just off Royal Princess and used premiere package in Alfredos and Ocean Terrace. For Alfredos, the first time we ordered a pizza to share, plus the veal dish each. We didn't want apps or dessert. Not an issue. The second time, we ONLY ordered the veal dish each. Not an issue. In Ocean Now, we ordered one app, one nigri, and 4 rolls. Not an issue. It seems that if you have the package you can pretty much choose/sub/omit anything that falls within the prix fixe menu. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

11 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Just off Royal Princess and used premiere package in Alfredos and Ocean Terrace. For Alfredos, the first time we ordered a pizza to share, plus the veal dish each. We didn't want apps or dessert. Not an issue. The second time, we ONLY ordered the veal dish each. Not an issue. In Ocean Now, we ordered one app, one nigri, and 4 rolls. Not an issue. It seems that if you have the package you can pretty much choose/sub/omit anything that falls within the prix fixe menu. 

In your case, in both restaurants - you were ordering less than is included in the prix fixe meal, ie Alfredos is one app, one pizza/main  and one dessert each.  With ordering only an app each and one pizza to share, less than prix fixe, and second time, just pasta - again, less than the prix fixe meal. Not more items than covered by the app/main/dessert setup 

And Ocean Terrace is one app, one nigiri or sashimi and two rolls per meal, in which case, your one app, one nigiri and four rolls - between two people both with Premier, was actually less than the standard prix fixe.   

As we all know, what Princess advertises/puts in writing and what actually happens aboard are two very different things.  In your case, you ordered what you wanted, all covered by what would happen e been your prix fixe meal anyways - but you weren't ordering MORE than what is stated as included.  So still remains to be seen how that would work out 

9 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

In your case, in both restaurants - you were ordering less than is included in the prix fixe meal, ie Alfredos is one app, one pizza/main  and one dessert each.  With ordering only an app each and one pizza to share, less than prix fixe, and second time, just pasta - again, less than the prix fixe meal. Not more items than covered by the app/main/dessert setup 

The veal dish is a main, not an app. So we actually ordered three mains...

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Well, that's a change - didn't realize they'd moved it from appetizer (and app size) to a main.

As noted, Princess writes one thing and very frequently does another - either way, you still very much ordered less than your prix fixe meal per person - it may have been different of you'd tried ordering more, ie appetizer, pasta, pizza and dessert each 

Who knows? That is the question... 

Guest Snaxmuppet

For me then it is the same as before because I only ever ordered one app and one main at a time.

I wonder how long after I could order again with Premier?

5 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

answered my own question....

Edited by dreaminofcruisin

• 4 months later...
On 9/25/2023 at 9:09 PM, ceilidh1 said:

That's odd as the veal dish hasn't been available on Sky or Sapphire since the changes.

On 2/1/2024 at 2:45 AM, js 20 said:

What venues on the Coral Princess come under the Prix Fixe category?.

None of the venues mentioned as "includes" exist on the Coral.

They are set up as popups on sea days alternating between Alfredo's set up in Sabatinis and Salty Dog Gastropub set up in the steakhouse (Bayou something).

Of course, since they are popups and not permanent locations, that could change at any point. But that's what people on the Coral today are reporting.

• Like 2

We 99% never have 3 courses - can you pay for just a main and not the fixed price $14.99 for 3 course (on plus spackage)?

Edited by ChynaS

22 minutes ago, ChynaS said:

We 99% never have 3 courses - can you pay for just a main and not the fixed price $14.99 for 3 course (on plus spackage)?

What would you do with the 2 'paid for in the package' meals then? We don't have 3 courses either but why pay $8.50 for a pizza when you've already got it paid for, unless you are wanting more than the included ones? We sometimes share an included pizza which means that our 2 each becomes 4 each.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, rosevew said:

What would you do with the 2 'paid for in the package' meals then? We don't have 3 courses either but why pay $8.50 for a pizza when you've already got it paid for, unless you are wanting more than the included ones? We sometimes share an included pizza which means that our 2 each becomes 4 each.

We will have used them up already.  I would limit the amount of times in the MDR.  Not impressed that no other restaurant is included in the food package. 

Edited by ChynaS

1 hour ago, ChynaS said:

Select casual dining venues will now include a cover charge of $14.99 for the new multi-course prix fixe meals. A la carte items may also be purchased individually.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, ChynaS said:

We will have used them up already.  I would limit the amount of times in the MDR.  Not impressed that no other restaurant is included in the food package. 

There's always several options, from Slices pizza and Salty Dog grill on Lido deck, to the buffet and International Cafe as well as the MDR. Why are you wanting to limit the times in the MDR?

Sorry but they are not restaurants.  Re. the MDR, I just don't like large dining rooms.  Not to say I wont eat in them, would have just preferred more choice for the evening meal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChynaS said:

We 99% never have 3 courses - can you pay for just a main and not the fixed price $14.99 for 3 course (on plus package)?

Yes... if you are a guest not on the cruise fare packages (i.e., Standard Fare guest).  Same thing for a Plus package guest once used up the two free meals.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, ChynaS said:

Sorry but they are not restaurants.  Re. the MDR, I just don't like large dining rooms.  Not to say I wont eat in them, would have just preferred more choice for the evening meal.

Maybe you haven't book the best ship for your requirements. For example, Sapphire and Caribbean have lots of smaller MDR, although the food is the same in each of them.