Downlining in Israel

homeschoolmom3

We will be on NCL Epic next year. Our final 2 stops are both in Israel. We would like to permanently get off the ship at the first port Ashdod and just stay in Jerusalem while the ship ends the cruise in Haifa. The US customer service says ask on board. I know we need to start the request before we get on board. Does anyone have contacts for starting this process? Thank you.

On 9/25/2023 at 7:12 PM, homeschoolmom3 said:

We will be on NCL Epic next year. Our final 2 stops are both in Israel. We would like to permanently get off the ship at the first port Ashdod and just stay in Jerusalem while the ship ends the cruise in Haifa. The US customer service says ask on board. I know we need to start the request before we get on board. Does anyone have contacts for starting this process? Thank you.

I would ask on the NCL page.  You might get a better response there

On 9/25/2023 at 11:12 AM, homeschoolmom3 said:

If you booked through a TA, ask that person - our TA normally gets our deviation letters for us after I tell her what we want to do.  That is with HAL, but I suspect that is how it works with other lines too.  If you booked directly with NCL, I would imagine call their customer service

55 minutes ago, Wayfairers said:

If you booked through a TA, ask that person - our TA normally gets our deviation letters for us after I tell her what we want to do.  That is with HAL, but I suspect that is how it works with other lines too.  If you booked directly with NCL, I would imagine call their customer service

I started with 4 separate people in Customer Service and received 4 different answers. My favorite was ask onboard but they will only let you off early if it is a medical emergency. I know downlining happens and am hoping someone has a better contact number. I do appreciate you answering though!

I was on two different cruises, one last November that ended in Haifa. Why don't you take a day trip to Masada and the Dead Sea at the port of Ashdod? We took the train to Jerusalem from Haifa- not recommended as you have great difficulty with luggage. It is more of a commuter train. Find shared vehicles instead.

We stayed at Shamai Suites in Jerusalem, which was a good, walkable location with lots around. We took a taxi to the top of the Mount of Olives, walked down into the Kidron Valley, and then to the old city of Jerusalem for a short walk. 

Hopefully, the war will be a distant memory when you travel. BTW, don't think too harshly of the ship's decision not to let you off early. Israel, as you can see from the news, has many security concerns. We were stopped on route to the Tel Aviv airport near the Palestinian areas and the Israeli police were very assertive. After examining our passports, we got through. We were also in the Golan Heights at a kibbutz and traveled close to the borders. I shudder now thinking of the difference a year makes!  There were times when our driver would not stop because of potential snippers from Lebanon and Syria.

If anyone is thinking of taking a cruise or visiting Israel in October 2023, I would say you will be forced to cancel. You also don't want to be a burden to Israel. Wouldn't Hamas or Hezbollah love an American held hostage!  Pray for the peace in Jerusalem and all of Israel.

• Like 2

"If anyone is thinking of taking a cruise or visiting Israel in October 2023, I would say you will be forced to cancel. You also don't want to be a burden to Israel. Wouldn't Hamas or Hezbollah love an American held hostage!  Pray for the peace in Jerusalem and all of Israel."

And they are doing just that right now☹️.....20 Americans or more unaccounted for........can you say being held hostage?