30% OFF Deluxe Beverage (Diamond) Question.

surfjock27

I am recently Diamond and see there is a 30% discount on the Deluxe Beverage Package, when purchased onboard. 

I’ve always seen the packages sold for BOGO 1/2 off on embark day. 

My question is, will the 30% come off the BOGO 1/2 off price or the base price? If the base price, which is a better savings? 

(I know I get 4 free a day, but I am trying to find my best route) 

Full price. And it is hard to say. If you look at it online, the price you see is already the sale price, with half off already deducted. It is difficult to discern which would be better. But if they drop the buy one get one half off before your sailing, it will probably be a better price than buying it onboard, even with the discount.  

And even if it works out less. You can cancel it once board and repurchase using the discount. 

Edited by Coralc

Doesn't sound like that great a deal to me; I think you'd have to drink an awful lot to "make this pay".  Remember: 

- You already said, as a Diamond, you're already going to get 4 drinks/day for free. 

- This 30% is going to be off the full price, which is pretty high.  

- You can take advantage of other ways to save on drinks such as the 10-punch coffee card, the beer bucket by the pool, and the drink of the day.  

- You can bring a small amount of wine and soft drinks on board with you.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Doesn't sound like that great a deal to me; I think you'd have to drink an awful lot to "make this pay".  Remember: 

- You already said, as a Diamond, you're already going to get 4 drinks/day for free. 

- This 30% is going to be off the full price, which is pretty high.  

- You can take advantage of other ways to save on drinks such as the 10-punch coffee card, the beer bucket by the pool, and the drink of the day.  

- You can bring a small amount of wine and soft drinks on board with you.  

Curious what you mean by this . Is the drink of the day always cheaper ? If so I must be too oblivious to have noticed this 

Cheers

45 minutes ago, adrianmole said:

RCL have just "upped" all their cocktail prices to $15

Not true. $15 shows up in the app, usually for UK based ships (and are still covered by vouchers).

The standard price for US-based sailings is still $14.

FYI, when the standard price was $13, that's what vouchers covered. When the price was raised to $14, vouchers in turn still covered them.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, LobsterStalker said:

Curious what you mean by this . Is the drink of the day always cheaper ? If so I must be too oblivious to have noticed this 

Cheers

Drink of the Day is always a cocktail.  It's $10-11 instead of $14-15.  It varies by day, and you can find it in the Compass.  Bars have little signs announcing Drink of the Day.