Cookies!!

slw207693

Currently on Vista and tried a peanut butter cookie this morning.  Vista  heard the Cruise Critic community loud and clear and a couple days ago the recipe was changed.  Oh my stars, they are Fabulous!    They are chewy on the outside but soft in the middle.   Today they have peanut butter, chocolate chip, a chocolate coconut, oatmeal raisin and a white chocolate.   Coffee dunkers will rejoice.    I would suggest getting one at Terrace, putting a scoop of favorite ice cream on top, add another cookie and find a deck chair and you will be headed towards paradise.   Thank you Pastry Team and Exec Chef Frederic for the willingness to try something new.  💝IMG_4973.thumb.jpeg.50d784c13943caca90a5231f4d8a0a8e.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

As I remember them from May trip on Vista. They were delicious. So good to hear because O has been quite the subject of cookie concerns 🤪. We are boarding her in Miami in 2+ weeks with a bunch of friends and “WE ARE READY”. Bye the way, how was Baristas Cafe with all its great delectable treats?  We hung out there a lot. 
Thanks for the update for the Cookie Monster🙏👍

Mauibabes 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, slw207693 said:

Currently on Vista and tried a peanut butter cookie this morning.  Vista  heard the Cruise Critic community loud and clear and a couple days ago the recipe was changed.  Oh my stars, they are Fabulous!    They are chewy on the outside but soft in the middle.   Today they have peanut butter, chocolate chip, a chocolate coconut, oatmeal raisin and a white chocolate.   Coffee dunkers will rejoice.    I would suggest getting one at Terrace, putting a scoop of favorite ice cream on top, add another cookie and find a deck chair and you will be headed towards paradise.   Thank you Pastry Team and Exec Chef Frederic for the willingness to try something new.  💝IMG_4973.thumb.jpeg.50d784c13943caca90a5231f4d8a0a8e.jpeg

Way to go CruiseCritic.com board.  But until I taste them, daily, for 10 days straight, I reserve the right to challenge this comment.  I trust NO ONE with my cookies.  PERIOD.

Cruise well and at least we have Cookies.

Edited by Sthrngary
  • Like 2
  • Haha 8

Just got off the Regatta and I thought the cookies were good, especially the peanut butter ones.  Our morning routine was to stop by Baristas to have a latte or cappuccino and grab a pastry or cookie. 

• Like 1

On 9/28/2023 at 6:58 PM, Sthrngary said:

Way to go CruiseCritic.com board.  But until I taste them, daily, for 10 days straight, I reserve the right to challenge this comment.  I trust NO ONE with my cookies.  PERIOD.

Cruise well and at least we have Cookies.

Imagine if you reserved judgement on everything until after your cruise 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Maybe we need a thread regarding the hot buns at breakfast, what was a very happy memory that pretty much kept me going during the height of covid was a sad shadow of their former self and possibly the only letdown during my glorious Sirena restart cruise. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ToxM said:

Imagine if you reserved judgement on everything until after your cruise 🙂

Well that would be no fun.  

Seriously, My personal comments and judgements are only based on experiences I have had.  In my case, only pre-cruise events. That is intentional.  My comments regarding folks that rarely post and when they do the posts are all negative not balanced is to make a point. Things go wrong on cruises, social media is a convenient place to vent. But if it bothers the person that much, address it at the time and don’t let it affect your entire vacation.  

Anyone new to the brand on this board is craving hints, feedback, opinions and knowledge. The good, bad and average. It assists in establishing realistic expectations. Just play fair and give a balanced review.  If you hate everything or only point out the negatives, all that person wants is others to agree the brand is awful.  Easy to find something wrong with any experience, if that is the emphasis, if the brand is so bad, just don’t cruise it again. Bottom line, play fair. Nothing is all good or bad in cruise vacations. 

Cruise well and enjoy every moment 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, ToxM said:

Maybe we need a thread regarding the hot buns at breakfast, what was a very happy memory that pretty much kept me going during the height of covid was a sad shadow of their former self and possibly the only letdown during my glorious Sirena restart cruise. 

Do not lose hope! I love sweets, but not in the morning so I have not tried O sticky buns. However, I heard many positive comments about them on Regatta in September and they seemed very popular, no negatives overheard (was I eavesdropping...maybe 🤫). I do like pastries in the morning (mostly croissants and danishes) and they were yummy, although there was a thick layer of sugar on top of the almond croissant and there was chocolate in a later almond croissant but both were easily removed.

15 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

Do not lose hope! I love sweets, but not in the morning so I have not tried O sticky buns. However, I heard many positive comments about them on Regatta in September and they seemed very popular, no negatives overheard (was I eavesdropping...maybe 🤫). I do like pastries in the morning (mostly croissants and danishes) and they were yummy, although there was a thick layer of sugar on top of the almond croissant and there was chocolate in a later almond croissant but both were easily removed.

Yeah they have til next November to get themselves sorted out as I am jumping ship to Regent til then LOL 

DW does not like chocolate (MORE for me, yay), so it works out  great when there are several choices, including non-choco. Recently on another cruise line where there was one choice a day, changed from day to day. Nope.

PS: loved the sticky buns on previous O cruises.

• Like 1

I have hope after reading this post.  My first O cruise is on Vista in December. (Oh, how many times have I typed this!)  Oatmeal raisin cookies are my absolute favorite of all cookies.

The ones on Celebrity are wonderful-my personal opinion . (Your mileage may vary.) Having read all the negative comments about the tasteless cookies on O was not encouraging. So, if longtime O cruisers are happy with the change, all I can say is YAY!

F

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Straughn said:

I have hope after reading this post.  My first O cruise is on Vista in December. (Oh, how many times have I typed this!)  Oatmeal raisin cookies are my absolute favorite of all cookies.

The ones on Celebrity are wonderful-my personal opinion . (Your mileage may vary.) Having read all the negative comments about the tasteless cookies on O was not encouraging. So, if longtime O cruisers are happy with the change, all I can say is YAY!

F

we had  chocolate chip cookies today they were just fine

the  white chocolate macadamia  cookies the other day were  very good

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We boarded Regatta yesterday.  Today in the Terrace, I decided to try the cookies to see if they had improved.  They looked different…flatter and less attractive, so that was not an improvement.  And I am sorry to say that the flavor was not good.  They still taste oddly dry despite not being actually dry.  It’s a dry flavor - like dust.  And I am fairly certain that these were not made with butter.  DH tried them with me.  We tried peanut butter and also chocolate chip.  Neither of us finished them as they were a waste of calories.  I’m okay not having cookies, but I am baffled as to why they cannot get this right.  Good cookies are not difficult to make.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, vlthom said:

We boarded Regatta yesterday.  Today in the Terrace, I decided to try the cookies to see if they had improved.  They looked different…flatter and less attractive, so that was not an improvement.  And I am sorry to say that the flavor was not good.  They still taste oddly dry despite not being actually dry.  It’s a dry flavor - like dust.  And I am fairly certain that these were not made with butter.  DH tried them with me.  We tried peanut butter and also chocolate chip.  Neither of us finished them as they were a waste of calories.  I’m okay not having cookies, but I am baffled as to why they cannot get this right.  Good cookies are not difficult to make.

image.png.21cb527e09612faef0277991863557ae.png

• Like 1

Are they trying to appeal to a more universal audience using alternatives to animal fat perhaps!? Then I suggest bake two kinds of cookies, one for those of us that believe it is a travesty baking without butter and then the rest who can live with an inferior product!!!

• Like 2