Make sure your luggage floats

bitob

5 minutes ago, bitob said:

I think I'm becoming Martha Stewart

anyone ever use hydrogen peroxide to remove fye transfer?

That's the solution I found on line.

In U K you can by a sachet of something by Dr Becker for removing dye transfer. I buy it from Amazon. Might be worth a look. 

3 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

In U K you can by a sachet of something by Dr Becker for removing dye transfer. I buy it from Amazon. Might be worth a look. 

I saw that as an option  

The comments said it was tricky to use.

1 hour ago, ballroom-cruisers said:

Rust being iron oxide won't be removed with bleach or enzyme stain removers.

You can try this stuff. It works. But, as was pointed out, the stain may now be set.

I don't think you'll find this in the grocery. I usually find it in hardware stores.

PXL_20231022_160109909.jpg

Edited by frankp01

14 minutes ago, bitob said:

I saw that as an option  

The comments said it was tricky to use.

Oh that’s a shame I just dissolved the sachet in a bucket of water then put the item in to soak. When it was done just took it out and washed in machine. I can’t remember if the water in the bucket was hot or cold. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Is there an email for the longshoremen responsible for this disaster?    They have a strong union and get paid well.   It’s their mistake, make them pay for it.    It would be much better if Cunard was allowed to load/unload their own baggage but that is against Union rules.

You actually believe that a longshoreman would squeal about the union?  Ha.

And who says it's their mistake.  Bet they would say that the ship loaded the cages improperly, thus causing the mishap.  Finger pointing.

Be careful -- they may claim you actually got your bag and are just trying to scam the system.  And then Cousin Guido pays you a visit.  😀

1 hour ago, bitob said:

We have no privity with the longshoremen. Our recourse is with Cunard 

Exactly!

BTW, I just received some reply from their insurance rep.  She says:

"This incident is still being reviewed by management. Please provide an itemized list of what was able to be saved and what items were damaged beyond repair.

Once received this can be reviewed further. Thank you so much for your patience with this unfortunate situation."

For how long are they going to review it?  25 days past and they still review it!  What a travesty!

The latest:

I called Cunard and spoke to someone who was quite helpful

Using my booking number she did a bit of research and told me a claim was already set up for me.

I don't know if it was set up because I sent an email or because they have the list of passengers who were affected (from the forms we filled out).  The rep assured me that they are "working on it."  She also advised hit is very complicated (duh?)

She advised me to send my claim to the email address for claims that was provided.  That's what I will do.

• Like 2

Here is the email for insurance rep.

vsanchez@hagroup.com

I am not sure, though, if she is assigned specifically to my claim or to the whole group.  Also FYI she almost never replies to my emails.

More info on how it was with our claim. The Cunard service rep told me in the very beginning that we (because we've filled the Lost/Damaged form on pier) are on their claimants list.  They also gave us the email of their claims dept to apply:

propertyclaims@princesscruises.com

We've applied there and got the acknowledgement from the insurance rep.  All it was almost three weeks ago.  Since then there was virtually no movement on our claim and no replies to our emails and phone messages.  That's what got us really upset.

• Thanks 1