Tender

Cruisecard99

I’ve have only been cruising for the last year and have done 5 cruises split between p & o and Cunard but have never done a port with a tender. I’m booked on an Alaska cruise with Cunard next year and was wondering how long it takes to tender from the ship in Sitka including any waiting time. Also do early morning excursions get priority to tender ashore. Thanks

12 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Certain cabins are also given priority cards to use until open tendering is available. I think that's Q1 to Q4, but that's for going ashore. Coming back there's no priority for anyone as it's purely on a queue up basis.

On the round UK cruise in May, I was told it was is  just Q1-2. When I pointed out that it said Q1-4 in the brochure, they said they would honour it. But for new cruises, no doubt the brochure is changed.

3 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

On the round UK cruise in May, I was told it was is  just Q1-2. When I pointed out that it said Q1-4 in the brochure, they said they would honour it. But for new cruises, no doubt the brochure is changed.

Oh. I remember you saying. It's still Q1-Q4 in the brochure up to May'25 I shall keep an eye open and also see if that changes. I'm always up for giving our cards to others if we don't use them.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Victoria2 said:

Oh. I remember you saying. It's still Q1-Q4 in the brochure up to May'25 I shall keep an eye open and also see if that changes. I'm always up for giving our cards to others if we don't use them.

It rapidly became academic as I caught Covid and was grounded.

3 hours ago, Cruisecard99 said:

I’ve have only been cruising for the last year and have done 5 cruises split between p & o and Cunard but have never done a port with a tender. I’m booked on an Alaska cruise with Cunard next year and was wondering how long it takes to tender from the ship in Sitka including any waiting time. Also do early morning excursions get priority to tender ashore. Thanks

I will just add that we have taken three cruises on the QE to Alaska and at each one Sitka was not a tender port, even though on two of the cruises they said it would be. There is now space for two large ships at the pier, so generally only small ships tender. The port is about five miles from the city. Free shuttles are provided for those who have not booked tours. The tenders serve the very heart of the city, which is an advantage. The CLAA will have detailed berth information closer to the date.

https://claalaska.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/SIT-Sitka-2024.pdf

• Like 1

2 hours ago, exlondoner said:

It's still listed as Q1-Q4 having tender priority on the "Grill Suites: what’s included" page of the main Cunard website.

"Priority tender services in Q1, Q2, Q3, and Q4 suites on all ships."

The new brochure is out for April 2024 – January 2026. The online version of that brochure also still lists Q1-Q4 as having tender priority.

"Priority tender services
All ships Q1-Q4 suites"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

It's still listed as Q1-Q4 having tender priority on the "Grill Suites: what’s included" page of the main Cunard website.

"Priority tender services in Q1, Q2, Q3, and Q4 suites on all ships."

The new brochure is out for April 2024 – January 2026. The online version of that brochure also still lists Q1-Q4 as having tender priority.

"Priority tender services
All ships Q1-Q4 suites"

Very interesting. 

55 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

I always thought that the shore excursions got priority to be taken to shore with a tender and than other passenger were free to transit on the tenders.

The cards given to some cabins gives you queue jumping 'rights', but only until the tenders are opened up to all passengers.

• Thanks 1