Quick ques- cruise search by ship launch date

newcruisad

Friend of mine asked this and I cant seem to find a good site for it - he wants to search cruises by limiting to ships launched in last few months, say 2 years or after Jan 1 2022. I thought it would be easy, but didnt have much luck finding anything!

Could people recommend a few sites that has this option? or if there's another way to get to the same results? Thanks

Try the Wiki page for each cruiseline where the current and former fleet ships are listed, including their build date.  Looked at a few and all seemed to have this information.  Of course, your friend would then have to find what itineraries each of the 'newish' ships is doing, but as CruiserBruce says, there shouldn't be too many to investigate.

Hope this helps? 

Edited by Sekhmet
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, newcruisad said:

Friend of mine asked this and I cant seem to find a good site for it - he wants to search cruises by limiting to ships launched in last few months, say 2 years or after Jan 1 2022. I thought it would be easy, but didnt have much luck finding anything!

Could people recommend a few sites that has this option? or if there's another way to get to the same results? Thanks

Don't know of any website, but here are just a few of the ships that have entered service since 2022

Viking - Viking Mars, Viking Neptune, Viking Saturn, Viking Polaris and Viking Octantis

Princess - Discovery Princess

Virgin - Valiant Lady, Resilient lady. Can't recall the name, but a 4th ship is scheduled in 2024

RCI - Wonder OTS, Icon OTS (debut late 23/early 24)

Celebrity - Celebrity Beyond, Celebrity Ascent (debut late 23)

Carnival - Carnival Celebration, Carnival Jubilee (delayed to late 23)

Disney - Disney Wish

NCL - Norwegian Prima, Norwegian Viva

MSC - MSC Seascape, MSC World Europa, Explora, MSC Euribia

Oceania - Vista

Silversea - Silver Nova

Seabourne - Pursuit

adding that Viking Vela will launch next year.  Designed to comply with the new eco-regulations for Norway.  They are booking now for those trips.

And with the information Heidi has provided the friend can use some of the on line cruise vendors, clearing house type, where you can sort and search by ship.  

Edited by Meander Ingwa