Reflection Sky Suite

rollie

Just saw a You Tube video from Zach the Traveling Man.  He did a corner sky suite on the Reflection and was not impressed at all with the new butler service.  I've seen many of his videos as he cruises a lot with Celebrity.  This may be the first negative review I've seen from him.  Celebrity really needs to get their act together.

Rollie

• Like 4

1 minute ago, rollie said:

Generally he is very up beat about Celebrity.  I love his reviews.

Rollie

At the end of his The Retreat review, he did say that the best deal is still Aqua as it does give you a middle footing of best of both worlds.

Private dining with a option of WiFi and Classic Drinks Package plus Aqua Class Gratuities Surcharge.

Price difference between Sky Suite and Aqua Class can be about $2000 - $3000 or more depending on the length of the cruise.

When I saw the changes coming to SS Butler service approach, I immediately thought of S-Class ships and how would effect the SS on the corners.  I found the Butler service on these rooms to already be a little different bc many times, you and the other corner are just two of 10 (or whatever number of suites the SS Butlers are assigned) on that floor.  So you were regularly reaching out or leaving notes to contact your butler vs. when you are part of the line of suites, traditionally your Butler is available somewhere on the hallway and easy to just make a request as you are coming or going.  

I'm not surprised in the changes to SS and Butler service.  I think their previous model was going to be unsustainable anyway.

Edited by Team Stag

My read is the E-Class probably has the best staff and S-Class does not have a large Retreat and is not really designed for.

Regardless, the value play for us right now is Concierge Class with a lot of specialty dining. I do not think Luminae is all that.

And Laura spoke half-truths in the webinar.

Edited by bnurick
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Team Stag said:

When I saw the changes coming to SS Butler service approach, I immediately thought of S-Class ships and how would effect the SS on the corners.  I found the Butler service on these rooms to already be a little different bc many times, you and the other corner are just two of 10 (or whatever number of suites the SS Butlers are assigned) on that floor.  So you were regularly reaching out or leaving notes to contact your butler vs. when you are part of the line of suites, traditionally your Butler is available somewhere on the hallway and easy to just make a request as you are coming or going.  

I'm not surprised in the changes to SS and Butler service.  I think their previous model was going to be unsustainable anyway.

For the prices they are charging these days, I think they could maintain the same level of service.  It will be interesting to see if prices drop after Oct. 5th when tips and on board credit are no longer included.

Rollie

1 hour ago, bnurick said:

My read is the E-Class probably has the best staff and S-Class does not have a large Retreat and is not really designed for.

Regardless, the value play for us right now is Concierge Class with a lot of specialty dining. I do not think Luminae is all that.

And Laura spoke half-truths in the webinar.

we agree. 

Concierge Class is a good value choice right now!  We are headed in that direction on Silhouette for Dec 2024

• Like 1

We were on the Beyond this past January in a corner aft cabin. There are two of these SS1/Retreat cabins on a few decks and they are a long ways from any other Retreat Cabins. Being so far off the beaten Butler/Retreat path I was not too surprised that we only saw our butler on day 1 and day 6. However, the cabin was stocked to Retreat standards (whatever we wanted in the mini-frig for one thing) that we really never missed the Butler. And it truth we seldom used our Butlers in previous SS cabins. 

We have an 11 day Beyond cruise booked for this coming January, but this time mid-ship. It will be interesting what we will have lost in service/treatment between 1/24 & 1/25. We like Luminae for the great service, but the food and presentation was several points down this past January from our previous sailings. I think that the food cuts were in full force even then. Le Voyage was the only restaurant that we visited that was truly unforgettable. But it helped that we ran into Captain Kate just a few steps from the door; what a nice lady. 

19 hours ago, sptrout said:

We were on the Beyond this past January in a corner aft cabin. There are two of these SS1/Retreat cabins on a few decks and they are a long ways from any other Retreat Cabins. Being so far off the beaten Butler/Retreat path I was not too surprised that we only saw our butler on day 1 and day 6. However, the cabin was stocked to Retreat standards (whatever we wanted in the mini-frig for one thing) that we really never missed the Butler. And it truth we seldom used our Butlers in previous SS cabins. 

We have an 11 day Beyond cruise booked for this coming January, but this time mid-ship. It will be interesting what we will have lost in service/treatment between 1/24 & 1/25. We like Luminae for the great service, but the food and presentation was several points down this past January from our previous sailings. I think that the food cuts were in full force even then. Le Voyage was the only restaurant that we visited that was truly unforgettable. But it helped that we ran into Captain Kate just a few steps from the door; what a nice lady. 

I have to agree on Lumina dining.  We were on Beyond twice this year in sky suites.  Once in January and again in April.  In both cases I would have to say the food was not as good as in the past.  The service was exceptional thou.

Rollie

We just returned from 10 nights in an aft Sky Suite on the Reflection. Greek islands and Malta. Our 8th cruise with Celebrity.

It was our best cruise ever. Service was excellent all around. Butler service was as frequent as we asked for. They did everything we asked for, and then some. Room service was on time ( early by 5 minutes), food was hot and as ordered. Food was excellent in Luminae. Service was also good.  Tuscan was so good, we went twice! We commented to each other several times how good the service had been throughout the ship.The ship itself was in very good condition. I read all the negative reviews, and went with an open mind, and we had a fantastic trip. YMMV.

• Like 2

On 10/2/2023 at 12:43 PM, agape01 said:

At the end of his The Retreat review, he did say that the best deal is still Aqua as it does give you a middle footing of best of both worlds.

Private dining with a option of WiFi and Classic Drinks Package plus Aqua Class Gratuities Surcharge.

Price difference between Sky Suite and Aqua Class can be about $2000 - $3000 or more depending on the length of the cruise.

We aren't AQ fans.  Would rather book a well located balcony cabin and spend the money on unlimited dining and drinking- Keep Blu and the AQ alleged perks.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We aren't AQ fans.  Would rather book a well located balcony cabin and spend the money on unlimited dining and drinking- Keep Blu and the AQ alleged perks.

This was exactly why we switched to a veranda GTY with the perks.  There's no way I'm paying for a restaurant I ending up ordering off of the MDR, a hot crowded room, non existent exercise equipment for room, a shower head and some water.  $2000 or whatever price difference is not worth it.  I saw Zachs video after I moved my reflection ss which was the same as his.  I am so glad now I did!