Just off Britannia

shot2bits

35 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

But, much more importantly, what about @zap99’s  toe? I know he doesn’t like to talk about it, but there’s possibly a court action pending and it’s making eating out at Pizza Express in Woking a bit tricky for him. 

I note no one has asked was the coffee table ok, when he stubbed it on ooona ??

Or was it Una Stubbs ??🤔🤔

• Haha 5

52 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

But, much more importantly, what about @zap99’s  toe? I know he doesn’t like to talk about it, but there’s possibly a court action pending and it’s making eating out at Pizza Express in Woking a bit tricky for him. 

Pizza Express in Woking, ‘no sweat’😳.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, shot2bits said:

Anyway that’s me finished with cruising, I no longer consider it a value for money option. So, Bon voyage 

Wherever your travels may take you ,have a good time and stay safe .🙂

• Like 4

1 hour ago, shot2bits said:

Just to finally draw a line under this topic: I thank you all for you comments both good and bad (none taken)! I finally tested negative today, some 10 days after the initial sickness and diarrhoea. I never realised the latter were symptoms of Covid, but stand corrected. I stand by my appraisal of the food and I do think there is room for improvement regarding the general hygiene standards just my opinion. Anyway that’s me finished with cruising, I no longer consider it a value for money option. So, Bon voyage 

A few trips on the broads may tempt you again. Stay safe.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Selbourne said:

We were on Britannia in July Cathy and had no problems with the MDR food. Food is a highlight on cruises for us as well, and with the exceptions of the Celebration night (Marco Pierre White menu) and a balsa wood topped pie I had at lunch one day (😂), all MDR meals that both of us had were very good. No issues with quality or temperature. Portions were smaller than we’d serve at home, but as we always manage breakfast, lunch and dinner on cruises this was never a problem. 

I don’t know if you are Club or Freedom dining, but the bigger challenge that we had was actually getting in to the Freedom dining MDRs using the app. You might have read my ‘Live from’ blog at the time, or the tips I posted afterwards, but if you didn’t, or can’t find them, let me know and I’ll give you some workaround tips which we worked out by our second week!

Thanks @Selbourne As it's a late booking we don't know which dining we will be allocated. I did read your blog at the time, but now I can't find it. Can you please let me have your work arounds please?

13 hours ago, Selbourne said:

See the second post in the below thread;

Thanks very much. We are happy to share or dine a deux. We cracked the latter on Iona by getting a pager at 6pm and asking for atable for 8pm. Our table was ready for us at 8. We never cracked the former at at time that suited us, without waiting hours in the virtual queue. If I find out how to do that on Britannia I will report back. We might of course get allocated club dining and whether we stick to it will depend on our table mates. Never again will I sit with a racist for a whole cruise. 

• Like 3