Coffee machine in JS explorer of the seas

Not that it is a big problem but ours recently on Explorer was exceptionally loud.  So much so that I had concerns about using it very early in the morning out of courtesy for our in neighbours in rooms next door to us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tin can said:

Not that it is a big problem but ours recently on Explorer was exceptionally loud.  So much so that I had concerns about using it very early in the morning out of courtesy for our in neighbours in rooms next door to us.

Yep, sounds like machinery from an auto shop or maybe a construction site. If I hadn’t read about the noise before experiencing it I would have thought mine was broken.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Yep, sounds like machinery from an auto shop or maybe a construction site. If I hadn’t read about the noise before experiencing it I would have thought mine was broken.

The same I reported ours to our steward. I'm from the UK so to me it was a nice cup of coffee but I'm guessing when something makes as much fuss and noise as that thing does then to people who know their coffee it must be very good.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Tin can said:

The same I reported ours to our steward. I'm from the UK so to me it was a nice cup of coffee but I'm guessing when something makes as much fuss and noise as that thing does then to people who know their coffee it must be very good.

I only made it once or twice to be honest. It tasted pretty good to me but I'm not a coffee snob. I drink cheap stuff every morning at home and, since I'm Diamond, I prefer getting cappuccino from the DL machine onboard. I'm rarely in any type of suite so it's not really an issue, the noise was just SO LOUD I had to comment.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Tin can said:

My wife uses it to get me and our son awake.  

• Haha 4

Its unusual for a pod type machine to be too noisy as the beans are already processed.

My Saeco expresso machine grinds the beans before brewing and that is loud. 

My keurig machine isnt as noisy as it uses pods.