NCL Customer Experience on Israel issue.

Golfgalag

I’m a little afraid to ask this, since I am jumped upon when asking a question, has anybody asked for a refund for this cruise?  I know a lot of you travel all the time, but I don’t and I had to save a long time to go to the ports I was interested.  So - please no snide comments, just an answer to my question.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sjane39 said:

I’m a little afraid to ask this, since I am jumped upon when asking a question, has anybody asked for a refund for this cruise?  I know a lot of you travel all the time, but I don’t and I had to save a long time to go to the ports I was interested.  So - please no snide comments, just an answer to my question.

You should call NCL.  Only they can tell you whether you can get a refund or cruise credit.

2 hours ago, sjane39 said:

Yes, I did that, obviously.  I was asking if others were able to. 

Of course they were able to. You really are asking if anyone called and was offered a refund if they asked for one, right?

It sounds to me like they did not offer you a refund and you are looking to see if anyone else did receive a refund.

3 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Of course they were able to. You really are asking if anyone called and was offered a refund if they asked for one, right?

It sounds to me like they did not offer you a refund and you are looking to see if anyone else did receive a refund.

What is with so many people on this website having a nasty attitude?! I did call NCL again, obviously, but they wouldn’t give me any information. I had to go through my travel agent. I called my travel agent and she’s having problems getting an answer from NCL That is why I was asking on this blog.  I was only asking the people that might have gotten an answer!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sjane39 said:

What is with so many people on this website having a nasty attitude?! I did call NCL again, obviously, but they wouldn’t give me any information. I had to go through my travel agent. I called my travel agent and she’s having problems getting an answer from NCL That is why I was asking on this blog.  I was only asking the people that might have gotten an answer!

There is a lot of information in this response that was not in your original post. When you leave out information, that will definitely affect the answers you will receive.

BTW, these are public forums and be prepared to sometimes have a thick skin.I apologize if you found my response "nasty". I do believe I nailed what you were really asking, not did others call, but what response if any did they receive.

Edited by ontheweb
added last paragraph

Hi.  I called NCL about two days ago and I was told I could get a credit if I canceled or I could accept the trip “as is”. At the time I called it was still a “Haifa” departure.   I’m located in the USA and thats the word the rep gave me.   But, I decided to wait and see until the official change of itinerary came out before I decided.  I am not sure what they would tell me if I called now though since they’ve issued a revised plan.  Hope that helps!   Hope everyone is having a good day.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, sjane39 said:

What is with so many people on this website having a nasty attitude?!

At the risk of being called "nasty", have you checked with your travel insurance company? There may be some wiggle room in the details given this somewhat unique situation. Unlikely, but worth a shot, right?

40 minutes ago, IAcruising said:

At the risk of being called "nasty", have you checked with your travel insurance company? There may be some wiggle room in the details given this somewhat unique situation. Unlikely, but worth a shot, right?

Yes, I  immediately did that 

7 hours ago, Valposada73 said:

Hi.  I called NCL about two days ago and I was told I could get a credit if I canceled or I could accept the trip “as is”. At the time I called it was still a “Haifa” departure.   I’m located in the USA and thats the word the rep gave me.   But, I decided to wait and see until the official change

6 hours ago, sjane39 said:

Yes, I  immediately did that 

of itinerary came out before I decided.  I am not sure what they would tell me if I called now though since they’ve issued a revised plan.  Hope that helps!   Hope everyone is having a good day.  

You have received a revised plan from NCL. When?

2 minutes ago, Valposada73 said:

Submitted my airline change claim yesterday with all supporting documentation and I received notice they were crediting my card this morning.  Well done NCL.  They made it super smooth.  

That's great news, Do I notify airlines for a change claim, and they will tell me what supporting documents I will need?

7 minutes ago, Valposada73 said:

Submitted my airline change claim yesterday with all supporting documentation and I received notice they were crediting my card this morning.  Well done NCL.  They made it super smooth.  

Did you book your cruise directly thru NCL or a travel agency?

Hi there. Ok so I don’t go through a travel agent so maybe that process is different.  I book everything myself directly with the cruiselines.   I received the letter from NCL that they’ll reimburse airline change fees for people that individually books their airfare up to $300.    I had to modify my airline rez myself with Expedia.    That cost me like $237 I think.   There is a link in the correspondence NCL sends to whomever booked the trip… in that case it’s me… how to submit a claim for that refund.   I sent them my original airfare receipt and my rebook receipt and requested the $237 last night.   If you worked with a travel agency then maybe you need to contact them?  Sorry not sure how that works exactly. Hopefully someone else chimes in on that.   

3 hours ago, CiCi1328 said:

how about a refund?  

No refund.  But it just keeps getting worse! So they change the embarkation to Athens, and then Athens again for another day, and today they started protesting in Athens! So, what is NCL going to do now? Change the ports around again!  That’s a rhetorical question

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sjane39 said:

No refund.  But it just keeps getting worse! So they change the embarkation to Athens, and then Athens again for another day, and today they started protesting in Athens! So, what is NCL going to do now? Change the ports around again!  That’s a rhetorical question

You may be stating this as a rhetorical question but I really don't understand your point. Are you actually concerned that NCL may change things because of this? Because I am fairly certain that NCL is well aware that there is no way that they can avoid every possible conflict, protest, demonstration, etc. in this world. 

I would expect protests to continue to occur in many cities around the world. Protests are a pretty normal occurrence in cities when war and tragedies occur (and at really any time for many different reasons).