Fare reduction

kweentwo

The payment bonds are due on RCI borrowing during the epidemic.

"NO OBC FOR YOU!"

Read the fine print on your cruise contract. You can then contact me after two hours of reading and know you have no rights except to pay for your cruise and enjoy it. If you want to cruise, they own you after final payment which is now 120 days before your cruise on cruises 5 days or longer. Anything else is goodwill or weakness from RCI.

😏

9 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

The payment bonds are due on RCI borrowing during the epidemic.

"NO OBC FOR YOU!"

Read the fine print on your cruise contract. You can then contact me after two hours of reading and know you have no rights except to pay for your cruise and enjoy it. If you want to cruise, they own you after final payment which is now 120 days before your cruise on cruises 5 days or longer. Anything else is goodwill or weakness from RCI.

😏

Final payment is 120 days for the very few cruises that are 15 days or longer, everything else remains unchanged at 75 or 90 days.

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Final payment is 120 days for the very few cruises that are 15 days or longer, everything else remains unchanged at 75 or 90 days.

You are very accurate. I made the mistake of not adding the caveat that the cruise must be 15 days or longer. But when the bell tolls for the 75 or 90 days for shorter cruises, the toll keeper wants the contract to be honored WITHOUT EXCEPTIONS.

I change my verbiage, "NO OBC FOR YOU! (please look and carefully examine the exact dates how these words will affect you, look for the exact amount of dates that your cruise is, compare it to the exact amount of dates included in YOUR specific contract, and possibly contact a lawyer or experienced travel agent to elucidate your misunderstandings of the contract. So, I agree with you, the contract holder and its wording is VERY important and do not assume anything)

Does anyone understand how stupid and complicated the contract is for the amount of money one is paying? You make a terrific specific point on how one must almost be an expert on contract law just to book a cruise. If something goes wrong, the cruise line is completely held non-responsible and you are free to vacation elsewhere, "Good day Sir.." (Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory).

I love cruising. I have cruised for more than thirty years and this is just getting ridiculous on trying to understand the rights of a cruise contract.

A perfect transition into the haunting season that occurs during this month.

😱