Adding a different passenger?

uneamie

We have a Penthouse suit booked for myself, hubby and my disabled brother on the Joy. My son and his wife have a balcony cabin booked for the same cruise. She has a few health issues that flare up without notice sometimes. My question is...if she has a flare up and cannot go on the cruise can I transfer my brother into my son's cabin to take her place? This way he can share the cost and keep the cabin. I am guessing if I can it would have to be within a certain amount of days before leaving...not sure! 

48 minutes ago, uneamie said:

We have a Penthouse suit booked for myself, hubby and my disabled brother on the Joy. My son and his wife have a balcony cabin booked for the same cruise. She has a few health issues that flare up without notice sometimes. My question is...if she has a flare up and cannot go on the cruise can I transfer my brother into my son's cabin to take her place? This way he can share the cost and keep the cabin. I am guessing if I can it would have to be within a certain amount of days before leaving...not sure! 

After boarding, just move your brother and his belongings to your son’s cabin. Go to guest services and get him a key card/room key. NCL doesn’t care where someone’ s sleeping.

2 hours ago, uneamie said:

1 hour ago, cruiserbear55 said:

After boarding, just move your brother and his belongings to your son’s cabin. Go to guest services and get him a key card/room key. NCL doesn’t care where someone’ s sleeping.

That works but brother would have to work out a deal to share the fare with the brother.  Also, there's the question of whether SIL should cancel or just no show.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fredflint said:

Does she have insurance it could be moot of course if no refund, could cancel and get some fees back,

Swapping rooms is pretty common.

Yes she has insurance so I'm guessing her fair would be reimbursed if she cancels. My concern is if they will make my son move to a solo cabin if she cancels. He wants to go regardless but he wants to keep the balcony. 

8 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

That works but brother would have to work out a deal to share the fare with the brother.  Also, there's the question of whether SIL should cancel or just no show.

I'm thinking if she has insurance, which she does have, she will get her cost reimbursed....just don't want them moving my son to a solo cabin. He wants his balcony. Thanks for your reply. 

At the present time is the disabled brother travelling as a "third passenger" goes free"?

Then is the "flare up" likely to have occurred in the very late period, well after Final Payment?

Both would have an affect on the situation.

I would think that this is so uncommon that the only answer would be looked for by NCL AFTER it had happened!!   BUT I would get in touch with NCL to try to get a definitive answer.

Also will the ship have "solo" cabins left that late in the process?

5 hours ago, uneamie said:

I'm thinking if she has insurance, which she does have, she will get her cost reimbursed....just don't want them moving my son to a solo cabin. He wants his balcony. Thanks for your reply. 

They won't make him move to a solo cabin. As long as he has paid for 2 people, he can keep the balcony. Sometimes that is even less than a studio, depending on the cruise. Best bet is to ask NCL what the outcome would be should a flare up occur.