Viva Live 21 days, Rome to Miami, plus a few days in Rome

JIMESOPUS

On 11/3/2023 at 10:14 AM, JIMESOPUS said:

Here we go, almost, one more stop.

Viva home office, 11754 - far enough away from the slides this time.

image.png.edefa6321772423dda5faac086c1b433.png

Booked the Viva TA on 1/1/22, 661 days ago, time just flew by.

Only 511 days to go for Aqua TA, yes I'm crazy.

Jim

What happened by the slides last time @JIMESOPUS?

If you ever need a ride contact, Rome in Limo, usually don't endorse anyone or company but can't say enough of positive things about this company. Driver was early, he went out of his way so we could get a look at St Peters, took his time driving thru Rome and gave us a quick tour. Once at the port he waited until everything was OK.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

IMG_5317.JPG

I'll never understand why people (men especially) think not smiling makes them look formidable? Powerful? I'm not sure the look they're going for, but the look it shows me is of a French shower. 

Enjoy the heck out of your cruise! It's been lovely following your journey to the ship. I'm even more excited for you now that you're on the V!va! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

@JIMESOPUS Bon Voyage! Looking forward to your sneak peek of the Viva. See you in Lisbon. Here is my sneak peek of the capital city...

IMG_4780.jpeg

Those tarts have become my new favorite thing - called Portuguese tarts here at our local store.  I can't wait to try the real thing in Lisbon!  Pateis de Belem is going to be one of our first stops.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Zignewt said:

Those tarts have become my new favorite thing - called Portuguese tarts here at our local store.  I can't wait to try the real thing in Lisbon!  Pateis de Belem is going to be one of our first stops.

I must eat 3-4 pasteis de nata each day I am in Lisbon. If you are unable to make it to Belem, the tarts at Manteigaria are just as delicious, and there are several locations around Lisbon. The Manteigaria I visited recently was a 15 minute walk from the port. Enjoy!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I must eat 3-4 pasteis de nata each day I am in Lisbon. If you are unable to make it to Belem, the tarts at Manteigaria are just as delicious, and there are several locations around Lisbon. The Manteigaria I visited recently was a 15 minute walk from the port. Enjoy!

I will definitely keep my eyes open for Manteigaria.  Thanks for the recommendation.  

• Like 1

Cagney's - They wanted both cards, printed two receipts, seems folks have been abusing the system with no card swipe, PAX have been doubling dipping on meals, ie in the past they would swipe my card, one receipt and no proof the Carol was there eating the second meal.

GOPR0094.JPG

GOPR0102.JPG

GOPR0104.JPG

GOPR0105.JPG

GOPR0106.JPG

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

IMG_5357.JPG

Okay...I just had to say this. When I was quickly scrolling through your pics, I initially thought those four rolls of wrap in this picture were eyeballs of something looking over the meat or cartoon eyeballs added after the fact.

Really enjoying reading about the Viva. We sail on her in February.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Love the photos & the towns, places, etc. Look forward to a good sample of those sweet & freshly baked Portuguese egg tarts, yummy good, different from the ones we had in Macau, formerly a colony. 

Quick question, is Beetlejuice still on the Viva ? 

19 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

My chance for hash browns on the Viva next week looks bleak.

I'm holding out little hope on Pr1ma, as well. I suppose it means I can eat more meat since I'll just forego the potatoes. I already rarely the taters at lunch and dinner. Now I'll have fewer carbs and that's always a good thing, right? 

• Like 2