Viva Live 21 days, Rome to Miami, plus a few days in Rome

JIMESOPUS

3 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I made sure Frank was on board. This time, he was way ahead of me on that hours long CruiseNext line to sign up for Latitudes perks. NCL has to find a better way to welcome its most loyal passengers. 

On the first cruise there was 4 at the desk, this time for most of the day just 1, in the evening there was 2

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

tales of two cruises, today ( the first sea day ) ship felt crowded, long lines and the Food Hall was packed.

CC meet and greet had about 50% attendance, slot pull schedule in a hour.

I thought it was interesting that the GM mentioned that our delay in departure time from Lisbon was due to the port’s enforcement of ESTA and not due to the pilot strike. It did not seem to be as much of an issue when I departed from Southampton on the Getaway TA a few  weeks ago. Now I am wondering whether this will be an issue departing on the Gem TA from Rome. 

And starting next year, I wonder how much the new EU ETIAS requirement will affect the transatlantic crossings from the US to Europe. 

Still remember what a fiasco it was on the first few cruises to Bermuda during the restart when testing and authorizations were in place. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

And starting next year, I wonder how much the new EU ETIAS requirement will affect the transatlantic crossings from the US to Europe. 

It has now been pushed to 2025

• Like 3

15 hours ago, sun_lovin!1 said:

Can anyone tell me where I need to go on this ship to change dining reservations?

go down to deck #7, restaurant Hasuki ( close to Hudson MDT ) has a desk in the mornings 

Have been working off the addition free internet the past few days, we both received an additional 150 minutes. Monitoring usage.

Day #3, Ponta Delgada is slowly appearing on the bow camera. Today is also laundry day.

Bags lined with plastic bags and are fully stuffed.

IMG_5749.JPG

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Have been working off the addition free internet the past few days, we both received an additional 150 minutes. Monitoring usage.

Day #3, Ponta Delgada is slowly appearing on the bow camera. Today is also laundry day.

Bags lined with plastic bags and are fully stuffed.

IMG_5749.JPG

Wow! 

• Like 1

Surprisingly, there are seats available at the Observation Lounge on a sea day. However, some might wish to reconsider.

IMG_5491.thumb.jpeg.7357457f0cbfa8e0b7572ae99bc4687d.jpeg

There were more than a few who placed their bare feet on the tables and chairs. Out of respect to @JIMESOPUS I decided not to post those pics for the Observation Lounge Hall of Shame. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Surprisingly, there are seats available at the Observation Lounge on a sea day. However, some might wish to reconsider.

IMG_5491.thumb.jpeg.7357457f0cbfa8e0b7572ae99bc4687d.jpeg

There were more than a few who placed their bare feet on the tables and chairs. Out of respect to @JIMESOPUS I decided not to post those pics for the Observation Lounge Hall of Shame. 

Ironic how those moronic people in the Observation Lounge don't OBSERVE the rules.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Next time I will hand out fortune cookies with the Observation Lounge courtesy rules printed. 

Did you see the group with the puzzle up there, question is how did they get the 4ft by 4ft piece of wood aboard the ship?