Viva Live 21 days, Rome to Miami, plus a few days in Rome

JIMESOPUS

Indulge food hall - tip of the day, you can modify your order by clicking just below the item you picked. Carol likes the pulled pork without the bun, watching those carbs, myself I'm trying to cut back by having no sides. Don't think it's working.

IMG_5842.JPG

IMG_5843.JPG

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Indulge food hall - tip of the day, you can modify your order by clicking just below the item you picked. Carol likes the pulled pork without the bun, watching those carbs, myself I'm trying to cut back by having no sides. Don't think it's working.

Thanks...I was wondering about this. There are a few things we want to order, but would need to modify. Some just preferences, others for real reasons (blue cheese is one of the things my husband can't have because he's had a transplant). I'm glad this can be done.

Enjoy lunch!

• Like 1

Just now, bluesea777 said:

How are you enjoying the Viva? We are, but there are some sights that need to be unseen! Like Magnolia I’ll not post the pictures here!

I am enjoying the Viva. Just had a nice dinner at Cagney’s. Except for one music group, I think the entertainment has been great. Very much looking forward to Beetlejuice. 

Now I am intrigued by your mention of sights to be unseen. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I am enjoying the Viva. Just had a nice dinner at Cagney’s. Except for one music group, I think the entertainment has been great. Very much looking forward to Beetlejuice. 

Now I am intrigued by your mention of sights to be unseen. 

Were you able to book reservations for Beetlejuice on board or is it first come, first served? 

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Just now, debenson0723 said:

Were you able to book reservations for Beetlejuice on board or is it first come, first served? 

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Yes I was able to book reservations for Beetlejuice on board. On embarkation day, I went directly to the theater to book Beetlejuice, Icons and Press Your Luck game show. 

There are four showings for Beetlejuice, four showings for Icons and two showings for Press Your Luck. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Wow I might have to go back to Onda. I have never really enjoyed the filet at Cagney’s. 

Cagney's appears to pre cook the meat to a certain level then recooks to the desired temperature, never seen steak with a char on the outside edge in a steak house only on a outdoor grill

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Yes I was able to book reservations for Beetlejuice on board. On embarkation day, I went directly to the theater to book Beetlejuice, Icons and Press Your Luck game show. 

There are four showings for Beetlejuice, four showings for Icons and two showings for Press Your Luck. 

What burns me that they changed the Press your Luck, during the B2B meeting they said you didn't need reservations now you do.

10 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Best Filet Mignon has to be at Onda? 

IMG_5855.JPG

Yes, I’d agree - Onda’s filet is the best onboard.

Went to Le Bistro last night, ordered filet without the foi gras.  It was good, but not as juicy and well seasoned as Onda’s the night before. Also, unlike other ships, we were still charged the $10 surcharge even though we opted out of the foi gras.

• Like 1

Just now, JIMESOPUS said:

What burns me that they changed the Press your Luck, during the B2B meeting they said you didn't need reservations now you do.

Sorry to hear that. What has become consistent are inconsistencies. 

I thought it was interesting that there are tryouts to become a game show contestant, likely to weed out those who have trouble following instructions like me. Instead, I will attend tonight’s 9:30 show to cheer on my favorite contestant. 

• Haha 4

I was at the thermal suite yesterday and today (sea days) and it was never crowded. Perhaps most people are outside enjoying the warmer weather. 

Jets were working in the pool except for two. Still hearing treadmills from the fitness center above as well as occasional weights being dropped over my head. Would like to know who’s brilliant design idea it was for the placement of these two venues. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I was at the thermal suite yesterday and today (sea days) and it was never crowded. Perhaps most people are outside enjoying the warmer weather. 

Jets were working in the pool except for two. Still hearing treadmills from the fitness center above as well as occasional weights being dropped over my head. Would like to know who’s brilliant design idea it was for the placement of these two venues. 

If the thunk could be in rhythm I bet it wouldn't be quite as bad!

• Like 3

Just now, cruiseny4life said:

If the thunk could be in rhythm I bet it wouldn't be quite as bad!

The thunk happens at random irregular intervals so….no. 

But… better than the loud snorer next to me yesterday. I want my money back. Or a free cruise. Or I’ll never sail on NCL ever again. 

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

@JIMESOPUS Frank was hoping to see you and Carol. Do you visit one of the bars more often?

We try to avoid Penrose, start the day at the Observation lounge then try to find quiet places.

Tomorrow will Band Camp T shirt day, might be easier to find us .. lol

• Like 1

Just now, JIMESOPUS said:

We try to avoid Penrose, start the day at the Observation lounge then try to find quiet places.

Tomorrow will Band Camp T shirt day, might be easier to find us .. lol

Metropolitian? We’re there often …. there’s better show (the bar, that is) there to watch than the Press Your Luck 🤓

• Like 2