Scarlet Lady / Live /Solo - Oct 18-22 2023

sid_9169

My battery life is waning and so am I... We'll pick this up tomorrow morning in Bimini... Thanks to all of you who have been tagging along on this adventure... Stay tuned for more sun and fun tomorrow.........

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 38

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Angela, devil's, ghouls, goblins, and everything in between...

PXL_20231020_024110868.jpg

Those light up boas are like....when you find out something was always missing in your life that you never knew was missing. Must find one now. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

The party photos remind me of bar hopping downtown when I was in college on Halloween/St Patricks Day. People always dressed up like that and there were tons of us there and the vibe was a party vibe for sure. Looks like a fun time! You really do a great job capturing the vibe of the ships and I can see how different this cruise line is from the others just from your photos.

• Like 10

Well, you know how life sometimes throws a curve ball at from straight out of the blue? I think one hit me last night around 3:00 am. Remember what happened on board Scarlet Lady exactly one week ago today? Well, it struck me, and I've spent most of the night going back and forth to the bathroom, probably at least a dozen or more times...

I couldn't get back to sleep most of the time, so I ended up just lying there hoping whatever it is will just run it's course. It's 9:40 am now, and I'm going to head up to get some coffee. There's an extreme possibility that I won't be enjoying Bimini today, as there's just no way I want to have to be running back and forth to the public restrooms there all day. I don't know if I should try and visit the medical center, as I sure as heck don't want to incurr some kind of huge medical bill. I'm probably just going to "ride it out" for awhile and see what happens.

Even worse, this exact same thing happened to me on the Halloween cruise on the Norwegian Escape six years ago... My very first Live Review, which basically fell apart before it got off the ground.........

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Well, you know how life sometimes throws a curve ball at from straight out of the blue? I think one hit me last night around 3:00 am. Remember what happened on board Scarlet Lady exactly one week ago today? Well, it struck me, and I've spent most of the night going back and forth to the bathroom, probably at least a dozen or more times...

I couldn't get back to sleep most of the time, so I ended up just lying there hoping whatever it is will just run it's course. It's 9:40 am now, and I'm going to head up to get some coffee. There's an extreme possibility that I won't be enjoying Bimini today, as there's just no way I want to have to be running back and forth to the public restrooms there all day. I don't know if I should try and visit the medical center, as I sure as heck don't want to incurr some kind of huge medical bill. I'm probably just going to "ride it out" for awhile and see what happens.

Even worse, this exact same thing happened to me on the Halloween cruise on the Norwegian Escape six years ago... My very first Live Review, which basically fell apart before it got off the ground.........

Drink lots of fluids. Tequila doesn't count.

• Like 5
  • Haha 12

20 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

@sid_9169....as @edspec said over on the other thread....the lack of soap in the dispensers could very well be the cause of the illness....that definitely is on VV.

Feel better soon.

Yeah if that's legit I would be making a lot of trips back to my room to wash my hands. Wear cargo shorts with a bottle of soft soap or something.

• Like 14

Once I had my two cups of coffee in my hand, I went over to the breakfast all day section of The Galley to order an omelette, bacon, and hash browns. They handed me one of those buzzer light up things, so now I'm juggling two cups of very hot coffee as well as the likely germ infested hockey puck. I went and found a table to wait for the stuff to be ready. I asked a lady at the next table to watch my coffee while I picked up my food.

I came back and sat down, knowing full well I wasn't about to take a picture, as my hands were now covered in whatever was in the puck. I just used utensils to eat, and then walked over to Gunbae to wash my hands. Three sinks in a row at the entrance, and again NOT ONE DROP OF SOAP! I already feel like crap, and it's highly likely that everyone is walking around with something now... 

On top of that, it's still raining, so I don't know if anyone is going to go over to the beach club or anything... 

For the time being, at least I'm not running to the bathroom every five minutes like I was over night... 

• Like 24

6 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah if that's legit I would be making a lot of trips back to my room to wash my hands. Wear cargo shorts with a bottle of soft soap or something.

Thing is, I always carry around a pocket full of handy wipes, and I ain't afraid to use them... Could be food born illness or who even knows what... 

• Like 13

1 minute ago, sid_9169 said:

Thing is, I always carry around a pocket full of handy wipes, and I ain't afraid to use them... Could be food born illness or who even knows what... 

I guess it wasn't the scallops rumor. I had this happen on my February cruise and thankfully it lasted 24 hours.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I don't trust it. Or the hand sanitizers. It's better than nothing..but not good enough for me.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Cscomedygrl said:

No soap...eww. Feel better Sid.

21 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I don't trust it. Or the hand sanitizers. It's better than nothing..but not good enough for me.

22 minutes ago, Riles34 said:

I guess it wasn't the scallops rumor. I had this happen on my February cruise and thankfully it lasted 24 hours.

23 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

That's crazy.

23 minutes ago, Funsince1983 said:

Have you said anything to anyone about the lack of soap? Maybe sailor services? 

I just went down to Sailor Services and let them know about the soup situation. I also told them about last night, and they suggested I go to the medical center. I told her I wasn't about to go run up a bill there for who knows how much, but just wanted them to be aware... I gave them my cabin number, so we'll see if there's any response. I can tell you 100% that I'm about the most OCD person ever when it comes to hygiene, but sometimes stuff slips through the cracks...

• Like 24