Is it possible to change a cruise on the Princess website?

steve4031

31 minutes ago, steve4031 said:

Greetings,

I booked a cruise and paid the 125 deposit a couple of weeks ago.  I was trying to change my booking on the website and could not see how to do it.  Is it better to just call?

You cannot change or cancel a cruise on the website - you will need to call.

You cannot change a cruise by calling. You can cancel and rebook. If you booked with a refundable deposit, you will get it refunded. The agent may (or may not - I'm not sure) be able to transfer the deposit from the cancelled cruise to the new one.

If you have a refundable deposit, you may find it easier to go ahead and book the new cruise online and call to cancel the old one.

35 minutes ago, steve4031 said:

Greetings,

I booked a cruise and paid the 125 deposit a couple of weeks ago.  I was trying to change my booking on the website and could not see how to do it.  Is it better to just call?

define 'change'

• Like 1

Change of ship and/or sailing date requires a new booking # so is a cancel & rebook.  As above deposit may or may not be able to be transferred and may be subject to penalty.

Changes to cabin grade, fare code, promotions, room #, etc may or may not result in a new booking # depending on the change you are making.

either way you must call, no way around it.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

I would recommend that you get a Princess Cruise Vacation Planner, aka CVP, who can do any changes for you expeditiously.

For future reference a good TA or actually any TA could also do it for you.  Having a good TA is also useful when problem issues crop up that have to be dealt w and the cruise line doesn't want to do anything.

DON

Just now, donaldsc said:

For future reference a good TA or actually any TA could also do it for you.  Having a good TA is also useful when problem issues crop up that have to be dealt w and the cruise line doesn't want to do anything.

DON

Of course, you are correct, Don.  Thank you for adding that information.

I have a good travel agent and have actually contacted him to start the new booking. This was a problem of my own making in that I did not check the correct calendar out of 3 versions and assumed the last day of school was June 6th without double-checking carefully. I was going to join a friend who had already booked the 6/8/24 sailing of The Enchanted Princess.  We are now both investigating the process of switching to the 6/15/24 Enchanted Princess cruise to the western Caribbean.  My buddy was really looking forward to the private island and the beach time.

This TA charges 75 for booking, but he got perks worth more than that on my Cunard booking last summer.  

Edited by steve4031