From Quebec to Miami (Oct. 20 - Nov. 3) join our voyage

artbcpa

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Congrats on your first "Live from..." Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! Please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

artbcpa was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

I will be posting comments and photos during our cruise to hopefully give you a clear picture of our voyage. While we haven’t yet boarded the new Explora I, we have arrived in Quebec. In order to upload the photos, I will be reducing their size, but I hope you will still enjoy.

IMG_1070.jpeg

IMG_1068.jpeg

IMG_1065.jpeg

• Like 8

When we arrived at the Quebec airport, it was after 11PM. No time to unpack as we had a tour the next morning. Did you know that 98% of the people who live in Quebec City have French as their first language. We didn’t. We knew it was a French city, but that surprised us. We were also surprised at how enthusiastically the city celebrates Halloween.

IMG_7172.jpeg

IMG_1062.jpeg

IMG_7169.jpeg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, florisdekort said:

You must have been out and about super early? It was bright and sunny yesterday! We’re joining you on Explora 1 on Friday. 

IMG_2970.thumb.jpeg.405fb43a4906c9a105a486087f66a624.jpeg

A unique restaurant is J Jacques its in an alley with only a bkack doorbell to ring. Excellent food most cool vibe

Or le bistro sam is nice too but j jacques totally interesting 

Have fun enjoy

Today is departure day. Our hotel is just down the street from where our ship is docked; so before breakfast we walked over to the ship and met disembarking passengers from the previous cruise. We took the opportunity to do our own exit poll. It was unanimous. They loved the ship, the food and even the entertainment. We are definitely even more excited to experience it for ourselves. 

Just one more item. We never received our luggage tag holders. They promised in their e-mail that they would be available upon boarding. We hope that will be true and there won't be any complications boarding.

• Like 5

Let’s hope it was paying passengers you met 👍🏻 Explora has been very busy re-tweeting tons of influencers on board this past segment. 

We don’t have luggage tags either, but never had a problem getting them on the pier (on other cruise lines that is) - so I’m sure it will be alright. 

IMG_2993.thumb.jpeg.5efb2bee7bdcaff2c339c15c1d6284a4.jpeg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, artbcpa said:

Today is departure day. Our hotel is just down the street from where our ship is docked; so before breakfast we walked over to the ship and met disembarking passengers from the previous cruise. We took the opportunity to do our own exit poll. It was unanimous. They loved the ship, the food and even the entertainment. We are definitely even more excited to experience it for ourselves. 

Just one more item. We never received our luggage tag holders. They promised in their e-mail that they would be available upon boarding. We hope that will be true and there won't be any complications boarding.

I received my luggage tag holders from my TA 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, florisdekort said:

IMG_2996.thumb.jpeg.563327cc089a0192b0e807e81fe8c019.jpeg

Well, that’s a bit last minute. 

And it’s Corner Brook, not Corner Book 🤣

On the positive side, I’ve never been to Newfoundland. 

Are you kidding? We have outside tours booked.

It's a very nice itinerary as Newfoundland is really not a usual destination and Sydney is an excellent gateway to the Cabot trail. 

Sunny weather and rough seas with high winds aren't mutually exclusive!

In any case, hope that everyone has a great time!

Edited by Dr. Cocktail
  • Like 3

Sydney is picking up a lot of extra callers this year.  Nice genuine craft market on the dock beside the big fiddle.  There are a few taxi drivers offering Cabot trail tours at the port - better value if you can get 3/4 together their price for 2 was high

• Like 1