Is upgrading to premium Wi-Fi on Equinox worth it ?

horseymike

Hi everyone,

We have a cruise coming up on the Equinox , Southern Caribbean itinerary on Nov. 30.

The offer to upgrade from standard Wi-Fi to premium is $7.00 per day. ( We already have the standard )

Is it worth it ?
Is the texting that it allows dependable ?

2 hours ago, horseymike said:

Hi everyone,

We have a cruise coming up on the Equinox , Southern Caribbean itinerary on Nov. 30.

The offer to upgrade from standard Wi-Fi to premium is $7.00 per day. ( We already have the standard )

Is it worth it ?
Is the texting that it allows dependable ?

I would get it but also watch for sales around Black Friday.  I got it for my Nov 22 cruise for 2.99 upgrade per day  over Labor Day sale 

Edited by bikerunner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/19/2023 at 6:30 PM, bjahil47 said:

We had premium a few weeks ago on Equinox and it was just ok.  Could not use it on the balcony and I could not watch a live webinar.

We just got home from our Equinox cruise yesterday.

Had none of the problems that you mentioned. Premium wifi for us was excellent.

Perhaps location of the cabin mattered? We were deck 11, few cabins after mid elevators.
I also noticed an Aruba Networks Router/Extender installed on the wall over the TV in the room. Had not noticed that in previous cruises. Doing work on the balcony was not a problem at all. I am thinking that this may not have been installed in every cabin?

Previously that premium wifi was not good. But we had a great experience this cruise.

21 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

We just got home from our Equinox cruise yesterday.

Had none of the problems that you mentioned. Premium wifi for us was excellent.

Perhaps location of the cabin mattered? We were deck 11, few cabins after mid elevators.
I also noticed an Aruba Networks Router/Extender installed on the wall over the TV in the room. Had not noticed that in previous cruises. Doing work on the balcony was not a problem at all. I am thinking that this may not have been installed in every cabin?

Previously that premium wifi was not good. But we had a great experience this cruise.

Glad you had excellent wifi.  We were on Deck 11 midship in a RS.  Do not recall seeing any wifi extender in room.  My husband would have seen it and said something.