Grand Princess in Sydney Today - 21st October 2023

3 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Sitting right out front of opera house. Tugs are there but still tied up.

Grand looks lovely.

Windy and choppy here on the harbour today.

Have a great boarding day tomorrow Chez, and a cruise with lots of Brilliance.

• Like 1

Just now, arxcards said:

Have a great boarding day tomorrow Chez, and a cruise with lots of Brilliance.

Will do Geoff.  Busy here today....Grand today,Brilliance tomorrow...we just did the free Opera house tour.....protests,it's all happening. Think there is a 7 bridges run tomorrow too.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Will do Geoff.  Busy here today....Grand today,Brilliance tomorrow...we just did the free Opera house tour.....protests,it's all happening. Think there is a 7 bridges run tomorrow too.

Ahh, yes. protests. I hope they can stay peaceful here. We will be staying down for a night in a couple of weeks, and will come over to watch Ovation back out. I can see you both waving while the ship is pushing off.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Ahh, yes. protests. I hope they can stay peaceful here. We will be staying down for a night in a couple of weeks, and will come over to watch Ovation back out. I can see you both waving while the ship is pushing off.

Haha so close  could touch it right now.Just about to eclipse the bridge.

We are off to find a pub!!

• Like 2

She would have had a rough night last night coming around Wilson's Prom into Bass Strait.  Wind 100kms per hour, very rough right up till coming through the heads around 3.00am.  Windy map was showing 4mt seas. 

Cold here this morning but supposed to improve later in the day.  She is in and getting fuel so she made it.  Got to pack the last few bits and bobs and then I'm off when my daughter comes to get me.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ondine said:

She would have had a rough night last night coming around Wilson's Prom into Bass Strait.  Wind 100kms per hour, very rough right up till coming through the heads around 3.00am.  Windy map was showing 4mt seas. 

Cold here this morning but supposed to improve later in the day.  She is in and getting fuel so she made it.  Got to pack the last few bits and bobs and then I'm off when my daughter comes to get me.

See you onboard, hopefully this time!

Juls

5 hours ago, Ondine said:

Can confirm it was fun last night. Our first time in 5m waves. Hopefully not as windy tonight as we leave Melbourne 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ScareDcrow said:

Can confirm it was fun last night. Our first time in 5m waves. Hopefully not as windy tonight as we leave Melbourne 

Tonight should be fine, but tomorrow afternoon you will be cruising into the next front.

http://www.bom.gov.au/australia/charts/viewer/index.shtml?type=sigWaveHgt&tz=AEDT&area=SEAu&model=CGW&chartSubmit=Refresh+View

I came in on the Grand Princess on 21st. The captain announced that we were picking up the pilot at the heads at 4.15 am.  I thought I'd be asleep for the arrival, but about 5am, I got woken up by an almighty bang somewhere, and looked out the window just before we got abeam the Opera House.  It was a perfect still morning, and I took some killer shots of the sunrise behind the Opera House.  Love coming in and going out of Sydney - it's magic in good weather..

• Like 4