Confusion about booking dining and entertainment

BrendaJ

My first Royal cruise is four months away.   I am trying to make reservations for My Time dining for the 6 of us, both on the app and on the website, and no matter what day or time I select, I get the response “Sorry to interrupt your party but there isn’t enough room for everyone.  Try selecting another time or day.”   There is also nothing on the app showing any shows.

Is it possible that everything is already reserved, or am I just trying too early?   Do I have to wait for final payment to make dining and entertainment reservations?

36 minutes ago, BrendaJ said:

I am trying to make reservations for My Time dining for the 6 of us

Assuming all six are not in the same cabin on the same reservation, try do it by each booking. If all six are in the same cabin, there might be a glitch with the app/planner to not able to handle it - you'd need to call to book it. No, MTD bookings don't depend on final payment nor is MTD full.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the replies.

There are 4 cabins for the six of us and we are going on the Harmony.

I figured I should try to book dining so we will all be at the same table.   I would be surprised to find out that 6 people is too much for one table.

Can you usually book dining before final payment?

11 minutes ago, BrendaJ said:

Yes, sometimes even more than a year out. Book each cabin individually for the same time and fix the issue at the MDR host stand when you get on board.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BrendaJ said:

Thanks for all the replies.

There are 4 cabins for the six of us and we are going on the Harmony.

I figured I should try to book dining so we will all be at the same table.   I would be surprised to find out that 6 people is too much for one table.

have you linked your reservations?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrendaJ said:

My first Royal cruise is four months away.   I am trying to make reservations for My Time dining for the 6 of us, both on the app and on the website, and no matter what day or time I select, I get the response “Sorry to interrupt your party but there isn’t enough room for everyone.  Try selecting another time or day.”   There is also nothing on the app showing any shows.

Is it possible that everything is already reserved, or am I just trying too early?   Do I have to wait for final payment to make dining and entertainment reservations?

Try linking all of the reserves and then try re-booking MTD.  If having problems, go to the MDR as soon as you board and speak to the Maitre D to get your times.  On my recent Oasis sail, although MTD started at 6:45, they were seating some much earlier.  I had a passenger seated by us and he told us that he was on MTD but he had same table and times each night.  Was more traditional than MTD.

• Like 1

All of the cabins need to be MTD and linked, not early/late fixed seating.  If even one is fixed it won't work.  The link allows you to book dining for the other cabins.  If not linked, just book separately and show up together.

Note that linking needs to be done by whoever you booked the cruise with, either Royal or a Travel Agent.

If you want to sit together just show up together and the dining room host will make it happen (assuming everyone is MTD).  And they can set you up for the same table each night.  MTD starts when tables start clearing out from first seating.  They is why now you typically can't get a reservation until 6:45 or 7:00.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LeeW said:

All of the cabins need to be MTD and linked, not early/late fixed seating.  If even one is fixed it won't work. 

They don’t need to be linked - you can add others to an MTD booking (just need the booking num). 

• Like 1

We had one case where one of us in one cabin was MTD and the other wasn't (was coded for "open seating" whatever that is) and the other cabin was both MTD.  This prevented us from making MTD reservations until the problem was fixed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LeeW said:

We had one case where one of us in one cabin was MTD and the other wasn't (was coded for "open seating" whatever that is) and the other cabin was both MTD.  This prevented us from making MTD reservations until the problem was fixed.

Wow - I will have to check that.   It never occurred to me but I would not be surprised - thanks!