Are wearing sandals in Muslim Countries allowed

BVILady

I will be on a World Cruise and be visiting several Muslim Countries with warm climate. I have these very comfortable sandals which I love to wear instead of sneakers when it is warm.

12-16132-01_008_hero_300x300.jpg?v=1652461434

would I be able to wear them in Muslim countries. There will be quite a lot of them on the cruise. Even if I have to wear them with socks, anything will be better then sneakers.Any experts out there who can advise me? Thanks

On 10/22/2023 at 8:09 AM, BVILady said:

I will be on a World Cruise and be visiting several Muslim Countries with warm climate. I have these very comfortable sandals which I love to wear instead of sneakers when it is warm.

12-16132-01_008_hero_300x300.jpg?v=1652461434

would I be able to wear them in Muslim countries. There will be quite a lot of them on the cruise. Even if I have to wear them with socks, anything will be better then sneakers.Any experts out there who can advise me? Thanks

These are very cute.  What brand/style?  

Ara, I had gotten some on sale in Trieste one time and they were so comfortable that we searched for the brand, wasn't easy but I found it. Ara Shoes North America - for the US-market. But they are a German company, so you will easily find them in Europe if that is where you are located. I wear my old pair walking the dog on rough roads in the hills. So the new one's are going to be for excursions in hot weather. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Just back from Dubai/AbuDhabi….enjoy your sandals without socks if you go there.  I read a lot of misinformation before I went and I bought long sleeved items and didn’t wear them. Wished I had taken more capris/short sleeved blouses.  Bring long sleeves, long pants, socks, head scarf if you visit places of worship.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...