Changes to (50% off) wine promo - first night

Tom-n-Cheryl

We enjoyed our first night on the Celebration with dinner at Rudi's yesterday.

For the last (40-50?) Carnival sailings we have a tradition where we'll  treat ourselves to a bottle of Dom Perignon on night one. Having that half-off promo represented a significant savings (over $100), and often meant that we could enjoy that bottle for less than it could be purchased for in the states.  🙂 

I thought all was on track when I saw the following sign outside Rudi's last night.

i-pCZ5nFm-XL.jpg

Upon being seated (with our requested bottle already sitting tableside) we were informed that, as of Sept. 3rd, the 50% discount now only applies to bottles under $100. Since we have CHEERS (actually "drinks on us everywhere"), we were able to at least benefit from a 25% discount (a $60 savings).

I wasn't going to point it out in the restaurant, but I see no asterisk or disclaimer on that poster indicating the limits on that promo...

i-gpx65tN-M.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, weezal said:

this was announced back in july.
i'm sad about the changes too.
enjoyed many bottles of domaine perignon and caymus special selection, over the years.
https://support.savvas.com/support/s/article/Classview-Admin-Login

Well, you would think that would have given them plenty of time to update the signage! 😉

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Well, you would think that would have given them plenty of time to update the signage! 😉

The sign did say "all other wines", so I think you had a case if you had wanted to make a stink over it.

The announcement in July wasn't a good excuse. It's not like they can expect every passenger to keep on top of such announcements.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

We enjoyed our first night on the Celebration with dinner at Rudi's yesterday.

For the last (40-50?) Carnival sailings we have a tradition where we'll  treat ourselves to a bottle of Dom Perignon on night one. Having that half-off promo represented a significant savings (over $100), and often meant that we could enjoy that bottle for less than it could be purchased for in the states.  🙂 

I thought all was on track when I saw the following sign outside Rudi's last night.

i-pCZ5nFm-XL.jpg

Upon being seated (with our requested bottle already sitting tableside) we were informed that, as of Sept. 3rd, the 50% discount now only applies to bottles under $100. Since we have CHEERS (actually "drinks on us everywhere"), we were able to at least benefit from a 25% discount (a $60 savings).

I wasn't going to point it out in the restaurant, but I see no asterisk or disclaimer on that poster indicating the limits on that promo...

i-gpx65tN-M.jpg

They should have told you that when you ordered it! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Upcoming Cruises:

Carnival Legend Greenland cruise 09/02/2023

Carnival Pride Scandanavia and Russia cruise 7/9/2023

Carnival Horizon Havana Cabana 11/11/2-23

Celebrity Eclipse Antartica 01/20/2024

Carniva; Mardi Gras 2/17/2024

You have some neat cruises coming up! I look forward to your reviews. Which one are you most looking forward to?

Am I understanding that you will be on Horizon 11/11/23? Or are you for awhile? We will be on Horizon Havana 11/23.

1 hour ago, five. said:

You have some neat cruises coming up! I look forward to your reviews. Which one are you most looking forward to?

Am I understanding that you will be on Horizon 11/11/23? Or are you for awhile? We will be on Horizon Havana 11/23.

We are on the Horizon 11/11/23 in a HC 5th floor room with a bunch of people (have about 2/3 of the 5th floor rooms.  Thanks for the kind words on my reviews, it is a labor of love doing them, will def do one on the Horizon as well.  

We have been doing bucket list stuff recently, partly due to losing 19 months due to covid.  The Celebrity Antartica cruise is a great example.  We just came back from a 2 week land based trip to Portugal, France and Spain yesterday.  My better half is kind of dreading the long flight to and from  to Buenos Aries for the Celebrity Antartica trip.

Also need to update my future cruise listings, have a couple more including another Mardi Gras in August 2024.

• Like 3