10 am flt out of Miami

cruisin 07

On 10/25/2023 at 2:59 PM, cruisin 07 said:

Thanks for all the input. AA let me change to a later flight at no additional charge. I just get home 4 hrs later but will make it with no stress,

Should you still make it to MIA earlier than expected, ask at the AA counter if the earlier flight still has seats on it that you can standby for. A confirmed booking on the earlier flight with seats would be $75/person but I believe if you agree to standby, it's free. If there are a lot of empties, you'll clear standby. If there's only a few seats left, you might get on or you might not. You do need to go to the gate of the flight you're standing by for and tell the Gate Agent you're there.

• 2 weeks later...

What time does your ship get in?  I was on one with a 7:00 am arrival time and made it to MIA for a 10:00 am flight without any issues.  *However* you have to be prepared to be up very early and get in line as soon as you can for self-disembarkation, and have your airport transportation figured out.  If your ship is scheduled to get in after 7:00 am I would not risk it.  Also, if you are risk- or stress-averse, a later flight would certainly be better.

I see you did get a later flight, but I am posting the above info in case you want to try for stand-by on the earlier flight per what kingbob posted above.

Edited by jazzydiver
added info