Carry on Coke cans!

MamaSaint

We leave on the Reflection in 5 days… our first Celebrity cruise. Just wondering if we can carry on canned drinks, or is that not allowed? I’ve been looking on Celebrity’s FAQ but can’t find an answer. Thanks for your help!

1 hour ago, MamaSaint said:

We leave on the Reflection in 5 days… our first Celebrity cruise. Just wondering if we can carry on canned drinks, or is that not allowed? I’ve been looking on Celebrity’s FAQ but can’t find an answer. Thanks for your help!

Yes, all you want,  no restrictions listed.  We took 3 12 packs on Equinox 2 weeks ago along with bottled water.  No issue at all. You can take at embarkation and ports.

On 10/28/2023 at 8:48 AM, MamaSaint said:

We were on the Eclipse in October and saw people bringing a 12 pack of coke onboard when returning from the different ports, including embarkation day. 

Edited by doghog

My brother in law is sailing with us in May next year. He drinks at least 6 TWO LITERS of Diet Coke every day. He does not drink alcohol at all and my sister drinks very little. I told her if he paid by the glass/can on board it would be almost $120 per day.  The zero package is a no brainer for them. To carry them on board, he would need almost 20 12 packs!!

10 hours ago, lcgvol said:

My brother in law is sailing with us in May next year. He drinks at least 6 TWO LITERS of Diet Coke every day.

WOW!!! 6 TWO LITERS a day=12 liters a day (12 quarts=3 gallons).  Does the man have a high flow umbilical IV hooked up to him??? 😮

11 hours ago, lcgvol said:

My brother in law is sailing with us in May next year. He drinks at least 6 TWO LITERS of Diet Coke every day. He does not drink alcohol at all and my sister drinks very little. I told her if he paid by the glass/can on board it would be almost $120 per day.  The zero package is a no brainer for them. To carry them on board, he would need almost 20 12 packs!!

wow, that is a lot of soda.  Does he ever get kidney stones?  One summer, I drank a coke zero every single day and had a kidney stone attack at the end of the summer.  I thought it might have happened because of the soda. 

On 10/29/2023 at 2:12 PM, Covepointcruiser said:

Celebrity does have Coke products on board so if you have a drink package there is no need to carry cans.    They will have Coke, Coke Zero, Diet Coke, Sprite and Diet Sprite.

This is actually not quite true.  We were on Infinity's Antarctica cruise from Buenos Aires in February and all they had was Coke Zero, no Diet Coke.  And halfway through the cruise they even ran out of the Coke Zero.  They would not even sell you a bottle or can, they would just pour part of a glass.

Then on Apex out of Amsterdam in August, they didn't have Diet Coke, only Coke Zero.  

I know they're both diet beverages, but they do taste remarkably different, especially if you're used to drinking Diet Coke.

9 minutes ago, doghog said:

Sounds like a WAG. 🤣

3-6 months ago, this was presented as a “cruise hack” on social media and went viral.  The other recent viral cruise hack was from two straight guys who claimed they were together and celebrating their honeymoon to get on the newly wed show.  They claim they received a better room and drink package for free after the show.  This was obviously not on X, was on carnival 

Edited by NutsAboutGolf

9 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

3-6 months ago, this was presented as a “cruise hack” on social media and went viral.

Believe me, not the first time I've heard of it. There are plenty of smuggler (bootleggers) tricks out there. IMO, none are worth it. 

Edited by doghog

14 hours ago, Traveling Fools said:

WOW!!! 6 TWO LITERS a day=12 liters a day (12 quarts=3 gallons).  Does the man have a high flow umbilical IV hooked up to him??? 😮

No, but he takes a cooler with him everywhere he goes filled with Diet Coke.  When we returned from our cruise in May, (he didn’t go on that one), he had placed a cooler beside his recliner to make it more convenient for him.  My sister told him that wasn’t going to happen.  She made him empty it. 

m

14 hours ago, calicakes said:

wow, that is a lot of soda.  Does he ever get kidney stones?  One summer, I drank a coke zero every single day and had a kidney stone attack at the end of the summer.  I thought it might have happened because of the soda. 

Yes, he does.  He is not in good health. 

8 hours ago, lcgvol said:

No, but he takes a cooler with him everywhere he goes filled with Diet Coke.  When we returned from our cruise in May, (he didn’t go on that one), he had placed a cooler beside his recliner to make it more convenient for him.  My sister told him that wasn’t going to happen.  She made him empty it. 

m

8 hours ago, lcgvol said:

Yes, he does.  He is not in good health. 

Thanks for the responses!

On 10/28/2023 at 11:58 AM, kywildcatfanone said:

Yes, all you want,  no restrictions listed.  We took 3 12 packs on Equinox 2 weeks ago along with bottled water.  No issue at all. You can take at embarkation and ports.

Did you put a luggage tag on the bottled water and give to the porter or did you carry it on?

10 hours ago, CruiseDuck said:

Did you put a luggage tag on the bottled water and give to the porter or did you carry it on?

We put our soda in a carry on hardcase luggage and kept it with us.  For the water, I bought 2 12 packs (figured that was easier to carry), and put them in a fabric grocery sack they fit nicely into, and put them on top of my carry on, and secured them to the carry on handle and just wheeled it all as one unit.  I did not give it to the porter.  People have said they put luggage tags on them, but to me it was just as easy to carry it.  To put it through the security scanner, I just lifted it off the handle, and then put it back on.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1