Casitas - Harmony of the Seas?

I thought that Casitas were only available on the newer ships or newly amplified ships, but they are for sale on the 2/11/2024 sailing of Harmony of the Seas.....Does anyone know anything about this?  Even the description seems odd, as it requires on to visit the Coconut and Lime bar to pick out a casita, which is a bar not on that ship.....Thank you!

image.thumb.png.112ee3e4a023b9896f06e58d8a2113a6.png

image.thumb.png.349c49d87f6983228b9da6d1152722bd.png

image.thumb.png.97011a5c66c69e39a0b5ee39f8e6a59d.png

7 minutes ago, jaredhamburg said:

I thought that Casitas were only available on the newer ships or newly amplified ships, but they are for sale on the 2/11/2024 sailing of Harmony of the Seas

They could be added to the ship at any time, or perhaps, this is an IT glitch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jaredhamburg said:

I kind of think it is an IT glitch as it references going to a bar that does not exist on Harmony of the Seas

The small print details on a web page may not be updated even if the rest of the planner info is correct.

Biker, who thinks this is 70/30 between an IT glitch and reality.

• Like 1

It is also showing up on a December cruising for Symphony of the Seas which I can't find any mention of existing elsewhere. It mentions the Lime and Coconut bar as well, but perhaps there is a similar bar that handle the reservations on the ships with out Lime and Coconut. 

We will see. 

It is in fact a glitch. I emailed Royal Caribbean support because they were showing on the cruise I have booked for this December and they said that Harmony does not have Casitas and that there is no plan to add a Coconut and Lime bar to the ship.

When this thread was first posted I went and looked at my two Harmony cruises and there was nothing to see... Now it appears if the casitas have been added to my cruise planner...  I wonder what would happen if I booked one 🤣

Edit:  I went back and looked again and it is actually only on my Dec 17/23 sailing.  There is nothing to be found on the Dec. 10 sailing. 😕

Edited by Tree_skier

30 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

When this thread was first posted I went and looked at my two Harmony cruises and there was nothing to see... Now it appears if the casitas have been added to my cruise planner...  I wonder what would happen if I booked one 🤣

Edit:  I went back and looked again and it is actually only on my Dec 17/23 sailing.  There is nothing to be found on the Dec. 10 sailing. 😕

Maybe you'll get to watch them install the casitas on your first sailing--offer to test them out for free.  😛

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...
On 11/3/2023 at 2:21 PM, Tree_skier said:

Just curious since I'm seeing these on our June 16 cruise, but were there actually Casitas after all? 

1 minute ago, Krazykhris89 said:

Just curious since I'm seeing these on our June 16 cruise, but were there actually Casitas after all? 

No, no Casitas at all.  It's just a glitch in the cruise planner.

• Like 1

So when Symphony came back to the US back in November from its European itineraries it had no casitas (and they weren't installed while in drydock over there earlier this year.) About 2 weeks after reaching Fort Lauderdale the casitas were suddenly installed and you can see them now on recent videos being uploaded from everyone. I suspect the same thing may happen with Harmony where they suddenly install them inbetween cruises one day in Galveston.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

YES THERE ARE CASITAS NOW!

I just saw a post on another site that in late January 2024 they were installing 10 casitas.  I booked them for day 2 sailing and day 5 port day for two reasons. To avoid the nightmare I’ve heard of finding chairs for my wife and 9 year old triplets. I do realize the port day will not be as many people but it was less money but I still paid the ridiculous sum of $750 for those two days. I just want things to run smoothly.

The other site claimed they were constructing 10 casitas. 

IMG_1895.jpeg

IMG_1896.jpeg

On 10/30/2023 at 6:33 AM, jaredhamburg said:

I thought that Casitas were only available on the newer ships or newly amplified ships, but they are for sale on the 2/11/2024 sailing of Harmony of the Seas.....Does anyone know anything about this?  Even the description seems odd, as it requires on to visit the Coconut and Lime bar to pick out a casita, which is a bar not on that ship.....Thank you!

I'm sure you'd still need to go to one of the main pool bars to get your assignment.  Do the larger /newer ships have a Pool Bar + Lime and Coconut Bar?  

1 hour ago, Shannon Curry said:

To avoid the nightmare I’ve heard of finding chairs for my wife and 9 year old triplets.

Just making sure you know what you've reserved:  You realize they're a deck above the pool, right?  Your wife won't be able to sit in the casita and watch the kids swim.  I can't imagine 9-year olds finding it fun to hang out by the jogging track.  

Edited by Mum2Mercury

1 hour ago, Mum2Mercury said:

I'm sure you'd still need to go to one of the main pool bars to get your assignment.  Do the larger /newer ships have a Pool Bar + Lime and Coconut Bar?  

Just making sure you know what you've reserved:  You realize they're a deck above the pool, right?  Your wife won't be able to sit in the casita and watch the kids swim.  I can't imagine 9-year olds finding it fun to hang out by the jogging track.  

I don't know about the bars you mentioned but we will for sure check in early. We know the casitas are above the pool but because we are going in July so we want to make sure we have a place to sit and for sure a covered place to sit. We would also like some elbow room not to mention the perks. My wife and I will take turns going down to the pool with the Triplets. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shannon Curry said:

I don't know about the bars you mentioned but we will for sure check in early. We know the casitas are above the pool but because we are going in July so we want to make sure we have a place to sit and for sure a covered place to sit. We would also like some elbow room not to mention the perks. My wife and I will take turns going down to the pool with the Triplets. 

I'm guessing you're a first-time cruiser?  

- The Pool Bar is a large bar located by the Main Pool. 

- Some of the newer, larger ships feature TWO Pool Bars, almost side-by-side; they're called The Lime and the Coconut.  Don't know why they gave them a new name. 

- The point is that you'll check in at the pool bar.  Only the name of the bar is in question. 

In July, being high season, it will be harder to get seats.  

Do let us know later if you found it a worthwhile spend.  

Edited by Mum2Mercury

9 hours ago, Shannon Curry said:

YES THERE ARE CASITAS NOW!

I just saw a post on another site that in late January 2024 they were installing 10 casitas.  I booked them for day 2 sailing and day 5 port day for two reasons. To avoid the nightmare I’ve heard of finding chairs for my wife and 9 year old triplets. I do realize the port day will not be as many people but it was less money but I still paid the ridiculous sum of $750 for those two days. I just want things to run smoothly.

The other site claimed they were constructing 10 casitas. 

IMG_1895.jpeg

IMG_1896.jpeg

Yes, those are my pictures from another thread here on CC. If you saw them on another site, can I ask where?   (I’m not upset, just curious.). Thanks. 

Edited by ShipsandDipper

15 hours ago, ShipsandDipper said:

Yes, those are my pictures from another thread here on CC. If you saw them on another site, can I ask where?   (I’m not upset, just curious.). Thanks. 

Sorry. I meant to say I saw them on another thread. Thanks for posting those. You saved me a lot of worry.

18 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

I'm guessing you're a first-time cruiser?  

- The Pool Bar is a large bar located by the Main Pool. 

- Some of the newer, larger ships feature TWO Pool Bars, almost side-by-side; they're called The Lime and the Coconut.  Don't know why they gave them a new name. 

- The point is that you'll check in at the pool bar.  Only the name of the bar is in question. 

In July, being high season, it will be harder to get seats.  

Do let us know later if you found it a worthwhile spend.  

This is my fourth cruise but the first cruise in 2 decades and from what I remember the first on Royal Caribbean. Definitely the first for my wife and the Triplets. 

Thank you very much for all the information! We will definitely check in at the pool bar early. We are early risers and the Triplets will definitely be ready to get to the pools asap. 

6 minutes ago, Shannon Curry said:

This is my fourth cruise but the first cruise in 2 decades

You'll find things much changed -- a few for the bad, but mostly for the good.  At nine, the kids're a good age to take on a cruise.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Clarification- the casitas are NOT on the pool deck? Can someone please verify? Thanks in advance.

Correct.  Casitas are located one deck above the pool /right by the jogging track.  While relaxing in the casita bed, you'll have no view of the pool -- they're not located in what most people consider a prime spot.  It's always easy to get loungers one deck up from the pool.  They're also oriented so that you're facing away from the ocean /looking in towards the center of the ship.  

Here are a couple pictures from different ships.  

Screenshot 2024-02-25 7.45.15 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-25 7.46.45 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-25 7.48.46 PM.png

• Thanks 1