Cabin Upgrade?

Mandi211

Azamara is currently running a double (or single) upgrade sale. You may wish to call them, and see if they will honor your request (hey, even if they don't, you might be eligible for a refund). Next they have had a bidding for upgrade program. That might work for you. If these don't work, you are at no loss. If they do, if you don't ask, you definitely don't get. Good luck. We have been upgraded in the past, even without asking. I assume it's because of my beautiful brown eyes.

4 minutes ago, Dr H said:

Azamara is currently running a double (or single) upgrade sale. You may wish to call them, and see if they will honor your request (hey, even if they don't, you might be eligible for a refund). Next they have had a bidding for upgrade program. That might work for you. If these don't work, you are at no loss. If they do, if you don't ask, you definitely don't get. Good luck. We have been upgraded in the past, even without asking. I assume it's because of my beautiful brown eyes.

The bidding programme is currently not operational 

34 minutes ago, Dr H said:

Oops. I meant well. I wonder why they stopped it? Especially with empty cabins. Still, call them, talk is cheap, the worst they can do is say no.

Because their IT can’t cope and it was previously run through Royal’s system. I

We will leave on the Pursuit 14 November from Barcelona to Las Palmas and are booked in a P3 Veranda. From what I see nearly all categories are sold out except Veranda P3/P2 on Deck 8 which is wide open, only a few booked.

I wonder if they will fill them up with upgrade bidding on board, otherwise it'll be rather quiet in our section

3 hours ago, Oslo Dutch said:

We will leave on the Pursuit 14 November from Barcelona to Las Palmas and are booked in a P3 Veranda. From what I see nearly all categories are sold out except Veranda P3/P2 on Deck 8 which is wide open, only a few booked.

I wonder if they will fill them up with upgrade bidding on board, otherwise it'll be rather quiet in our section

Thats how I found out by looking at another site and seeing all the empty cabins in all categories.  Definitely far from a full cruise. I think I will take Dr. D's advise and call Azamara directly next week, one week before departure.

On 11/2/2023 at 1:38 PM, excitedofharpenden said:

Hey Marilyn. Don't expect to get one and you won't be disappointed!  If you ring Azamara they won't give you one for free, but I'm sure they'll sell you one. I've never had a free upgrade. 

Phil 

Hey Phil!  Thanks, how are you!.. I will take your wise words into consideration

I placed a cruise booking on hold a little while ago. I chose the category and Azamara assigned a cabin. Am I to assume the price includes the cabin upgrade? I can’t tell what the normal price is for the category. I have never sailed with Azamara and I’m trying to figure out how to select a cabin. Or do I just have to take what they assign?

9 hours ago, Poulsbo Cruisers said:

I placed a cruise booking on hold a little while ago. I chose the category and Azamara assigned a cabin. Am I to assume the price includes the cabin upgrade? I can’t tell what the normal price is for the category. I have never sailed with Azamara and I’m trying to figure out how to select a cabin. Or do I just have to take what they assign?

Best bet is to give them a ring to see what’s available as their booking engine only gives you some of what’s available. There are deck plans on the website so you can see where cabins are.

7 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Best bet is to give them a ring to see what’s available as their booking engine only gives you some of what’s available. There are deck plans on the website so you can see where cabins are.

Our issue is that they just assigned a cabin without even giving us the opportunity to see which cabins were available. And I see no place on the webpage to chose a cabin. 

28 minutes ago, Poulsbo Cruisers said:

Our issue is that they just assigned a cabin without even giving us the opportunity to see which cabins were available. And I see no place on the webpage to chose a cabin. 

Once you have completed the passenger information you should get a page which shows the cabin type & has a little paper &pencil icon. Click on that & there’s the option to choose your cabin, but it doesn’t give you all the available cabins, that’s why it’s a good idea to ring them