Compare suite benefits

Toad

I am a four star mariner on HAL and am very familiar with their suite benefits. I have only been on one Princess cruise, a transatlantic, and not in a suite but am thinking of booking soon. Is a suite far superior to a mini suite on Princess and are there different perks between them?  How would you rate the perks? How would you rate the difference between HAL and Princess suite perks?

6 hours ago, Toad said:

I am a four star mariner on HAL and am very familiar with their suite benefits. I have only been on one Princess cruise, a transatlantic, and not in a suite but am thinking of booking soon. Is a suite far superior to a mini suite on Princess and are there different perks between them?  How would you rate the perks? How would you rate the difference between HAL and Princess suite perks?

I can't answer how HAL compares but I can tell you the differences between a mini-suite, reserve mini-suite, & a full suite:

Mini is a slightly larger room with separate seating area with coffee table and a sofa bed, balcony, two flat-panel satellite TVs.

Reserve mini-suite (formerly known as Club Class), you’ll enjoy everything from a prime mini-suite location and in-room wine set-up to the expedited seating in our exclusive Reserve Dining area. 

Full suite you still have access to the Reserve dining area, canapes nightly on request, one time bar set up, private breakfast at specialty restaurant each morning, dinner on embarkation night at a specialty restaurant, upgraded robes, complimentary laundry, priority embark & debark, and it goes on and on.  Google Princess suite benefits for a complete list (it's a whole lot of perks). 

Compare the cost for Reserve mini vs Full suite before you decide.  Sometimes they are priced very close to each other.

• Like 1

I can't comment on HAL, but you already know what they offer.

A mini suite is just a larger balcony cabin with a 3 seat sofa, slightly larger bathroom with tub shower. No important benefits. A Reserve Class mini suite is the same cabin design as other mini suites. The main benefit for those booking a Reserve Class mini suite is walk in Reserve Class Dining, which is the same menu as regular dining with improved service and one additional selection each evening.

Full suites are entitled to full suite benefits detailed in the site shown below, including the special full suite breakfast each morning, Reserve Class Dining, ability to order room service dinner off the full DR menu and more.

The Sky, Enchanted and Discovery Princess have two Sky suites. These have additional benefits beyond normal full suite benefits.

Benefits are also obtained by any passenger in any cabin that books the Premier or Plus fares. It takes between two to 3 alcoholic beverages/pp/day to breakeven on the plus fare. See reference below.

In 2024 Princess will introduce the new Sun Princess followed at some point by a sister ship, the Star Princess. These ships have an entirely different design with lots of new cabin categories, special DR for full suite passengers.

https://www.princess.com/en-us/ships-and-experience/ships/staterooms/suites

https://www.princess.com/en-us/cruise-deals-promotions/plus-premier-cruise-packages

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Toad said:

Is a suite far superior to a mini suite on Princess and are there different perks between them?  How would you rate the perks? How would you rate the difference between HAL and Princess suite perks?

You are asking questions that can only be replied to with very subjective answers.  What is important to one cruiser may have NO importance to another.  Others have attempted to give you "the facts"...only you can judge for yourself.

Wow thank you both, lots of good information. So if you book a mini suite with a package it looks as if you would get a lot of the same benefits minus things like laundry and it might be more cost efficient to do that, correct?

4 minutes ago, Toad said:

Wow thank you both, lots of good information. So if you book a mini suite with a package it looks as if you would get a lot of the same benefits minus things like laundry and it might be more cost efficient to do that, correct?

What would the package do for you. It will still not give you a mini bar setup or Sabatini’s breakfast or embarkation night dinner without reservations. We sail in suites and get the plus package. The package is basically drinks, gratuities and WiFi none of which come with the suite

Edited by memoak

14 hours ago, Toad said:

I am a four star mariner on HAL and am very familiar with their suite benefits. 

Would you be willing to share with the group the HAL suite benefits? I think those of us who sail in suites on Princess might find this interesting.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Toad said:

A mini suite is misnamed. The cabin has absolutely no suite amenities.  It is just a larger balcony cabin (with a bathtub).  All of the above comparisons are spot on.  

My sister is a HAL suite traveler.  One of the most important factors for her are laundry and special dining areas/ concierge lounge.  Only Royal Class ships and newer Sun Class have these lounges.  If you are happy with suites on HAL, you would need to book a FULL suite to match amenities.  BTW….suite laundry is express same day service.  In by 9 : returned after dinner.

• Like 1

We've had full suites on both HAL and Princess.  I think the suite perks on Princess are very good.  Very similar mostly to HAL but HAL has the Neptune Lounge whereas the older Princess ships don't have a lounge (if that's important to you).  I think you'd find Princess suites to be very spacious and comfortable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J13C85 said:

Would you be willing to share with the group the HAL suite benefits? I think those of us who sail in suites on Princess might find this interesting.

If I knew how I would, however if you go to the HAL boards I have asked the same question and there is a print out there.

5 hours ago, Toad said:

If you book reserve class mini with plus or premier then you would receive really nice benefits. You could have breakfast and dinner each day and lunch on sea days in the reserve class DR section. Of course, depending on the ship there are a lot of additional dining options besides the DR. You can price your cruise out both in a full suite and in a mini suite by going to the Princess.com web site, select find a cruise and then go through the booking process without finishing. 

• Like 1

I just returned from a 12 day cruise in a suite without plus package.  Survived okay but it did require some advance planning. It helped that I am Elite, had 2 mini bars, and OBC.

“Saved” over $500 per person.  But the all inclusive is so much easier to cruise with.