Reserve shore excursion without paying?

kad56

I'm going on my first princess cruise this spring. I'm interested in a shore excursion, and I'm planning on paying for it with my OBC. Can I reserve my spot the excursion before I got? Or do I have to pre-pay? I don't want to pay for it now if I can use OBC. 

Just now, kad56 said:

I'm going on my first princess cruise this spring. I'm interested in a shore excursion, and I'm planning on paying for it with my OBC. Can I reserve my spot the excursion before I got? Or do I have to pre-pay? I don't want to pay for it now if I can use OBC. 

No, you can't reserve a spot without paying for it to reserve it.

You can use OBC to pay for excursions in advance. That's only OBC that shows up in your Travel Summary in advance of sailing - any that may be gifted from TA or things like that, which don't show til you're aboard won't be usable in advance.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kad56 said:

Where is your OBC coming from?  Directly from Princess or your TA?  OBC must be available for use when you book your shore excursions.

3 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

No, you can't reserve a spot without paying for it to reserve it.

You can use OBC to pay for excursions in advance. That's only OBC that shows up in your Travel Summary in advance of sailing - any that may be gifted from TA or things like that, which don't show til you're aboard won't be usable in advance.

Sorry for the duplicate reply, you beat me by five seconds! lol

You will pay for excursions at time of booking. You will be given the option of using your obc toward the excursion. If you don't have enough obc to cover the excursion(s) you will be asked for your credit card info to cover the balance. Hope this helps. 

Thank you! My OBC is coming directly from princess. Follow up question - will I be locked into the excursion? Or can I cancel? I've been on one other cruise (Holland), and they had a 48 hour cancellation option.

29 minutes ago, kad56 said:

Thank you! My OBC is coming directly from princess. Follow up question - will I be locked into the excursion? Or can I cancel? I've been on one other cruise (Holland), and they had a 48 hour cancellation option.

I believe Princess has 24 cancel policy

2 hours ago, kad56 said:

You can cancel excursions if you want/need for full refund if you're outside the cancellation period.. most are 24 hours before, some are 48 and some are 72 (usually those that involve flights or such).  Details should be listed in each excursion description.. 

And...just in case you are curious, if your ship (for whatever reason) does not visit the port(s) in question...you don't have to do *anything*.  The tour will be cancelled for you and you will receive OBC into your account, usually same day.  Same thing if by chance the tour operator must cancel.