May 2024 Alaska on Quantum

h2olou

What???

How did we completely miss this on our Alaskan cruise on Quantum in July!  Love noodles.  Looks like it's on deck 14.  I pride myself on researching the ships and never saw this.  Shame on me! 🙂

ETA:  Looks like they change the cuisine in this venue quite often.  I'm not sure if ours was noodles, or if it was the other offerings that Splash Away Cafe offers.  Either way, we missed it.

image.thumb.png.d67c6c06cf082b6116e39b910bb58e05.png

Edited by The Fun Researcher

29 minutes ago, LEMJMcC said:

Is this a specialty venue or is it included in the cruise fare?

The app has the a la carte prices for the upcharge items in addition to the included items.

Edited by Biker19

3 hours ago, h2olou said:

Is the noodle restaurant open on Quantum of the Seas? Other Alaska tours of the ship all show this restaurant closed. Anyone been in May and was it open?

We are sailing on Quantum in May as well. Our first Alaskan cruise!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, h2olou said:

Ours too! We’ll be departing Seattle on the 6th. We’ve been through the Caribbean numerous times but are looking forward to something different.

We are 2 weeks after you. Leaving Seattle on May 20th

• Like 1

Just also be aware that North Star won't be in operation. I believe it has a crack in one of the glass panes and didn't operate in the last part of the Alaskan season just gone. The ship is now down here in Australia and everyone has been told it won't be fixed until dry dock in late 2024.

I did Ovation to Alaskan in September, with a delayed return to severe storms, which is a risk of going out of Seattle. The ifly was closed due to bad weather, so I'd advise booking your free minute for an Alaskan port day. The other disadvantage of Quantum/Ovation is that it usually is too big to fit in the narrow turn that will get you close to the rather small Dawe's glacier, since it's often blocked by chunks of ice (they'll happily sell you an excursion on a smaller boat that will get close to the glacier). Royal/Celebrity also don't have access to Glacier Bay, but the N/S Royal ships visit Hubbard Glacier, which is the most impressive one. 

On 11/6/2023 at 5:07 PM, h2olou said:

Is the noodle restaurant open on Quantum of the Seas? Other Alaska tours of the ship all show this restaurant closed. Anyone been in May and was it open?

We were on the Quantum earlier this year.. Brisbane to Honolulu...Honolulu to Vancouver. The Noodle Shop was open. A few items on the menu were complimentary. Most passengers walked by it...it was never busy.

* JMHO, the noodle bar (soup) located just inside the Windjammer was absolutely outstanding. You decide/pick and customize all the ingredients...the broth changes daily.

• 5 months later...