Zuiderdam CO balcony cabin selection ideas

kluv2cruz

CO - what are some favourite balcony cabins I should try to pick? I’ve done an aft view on Koningsdam and loved it. So that’s my preference. Any balcony cabin you’ve stayed in that was “the best”? Thanks!

59 minutes ago, kluv2cruz said:

what are some favourite balcony cabins I should try to pick? I’ve done an aft view on Koningsdam and loved it. So that’s my preference. Any balcony cabin you’ve stayed in that was “the best”?

We stayed in an "inside with a window" on the Zuidy before shutdown, and really liked the location on the Observation Deck. So we are booked in a Verandah on that deck for the Zuiderdam Voyage of the Vikings 2024. The balcony is small compared to many others, but we're good with that. (It was a $240pp upcharge compared to the lowest forward Verandah).

I think you should pick an aft Verandah to move up to! You know you like it, as we know we like ours.

• Thanks 1

We were in SS6099 on the Zuiderdam. This is the Signature Suite next to the last of the six Neptune Suites that are on Deck 6 Starboard side. Nothing really stands out about the stateroom but it was a Baltic Sea cruise that was one of our favorite cruises with HAL.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, crystalspin said:

We stayed in an "inside with a window" on the Zuidy before shutdown, and really liked the location on the Observation Deck. So we are booked in a Verandah on that deck for the Zuiderdam Voyage of the Vikings 2024. The balcony is small compared to many others, but we're good with that. (It was a $240pp upcharge compared to the lowest forward Verandah).

I think you should pick an aft Verandah to move up to! You know you like it, as we know we like ours.

I second this rec of the observation deck. They are VB category, if I recall.  Love the short hallway, quick access to an outside deck, and short walk to crows nest.  My fav.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dobby36 said:

I second this rec of the observation deck.

Unless someone is like me and gets motion sickness fairly easy that far forward and high up!

Midship or slightly aft on deck 5 or 6 works well for me!

~Nancy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We like the Signature suites best for a veranda cabin, but any verandah will do close to the central  ship elevator banks and even on the deck under the Lido deck.

No, we have not found this deck to be "too noisy", but love the quick trip up the stairs to the outdoor activities . Check your deck plans, and then choose what you may want above or below you. And how far do you want to walk to get to favored parts of the ship. Or if you love to walk, hope you do  get your favored aft cabin again

• Thanks 1

My favorite stateroom on Vista-class ships is Deck 5 aft that are fully covered to protect from any weather, can see both sides of the ship without leaving your own balcony, very deep balcony, no wind while the ship is moving, little foot traffic, short elevator ride to both MDR and Lido Market Buffet, and a short elevator ride from Room Service so food always hot.

Best location for photographers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have found on Vista and Signature Class that the deck 6 cabins forward, just before the passageway turns in (around 6049-6052) depending on ship are great.  Not too far forward in the bow, just past elevators and they have full size balconies instead of the small ones that take up most oil the Verandah deck. Avoid most of Deck 8 at all costs, noisy as can be!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CNSJ said:

I have found on Vista and Signature Class that the deck 6 cabins forward, just before the passageway turns in (around 6049-6052) depending on ship are great.  Not too far forward in the bow, just past elevators and they have full size balconies instead of the small ones that take up most oil the Verandah deck. Avoid most of Deck 8 at all costs, noisy as can be!

6049 is “ambulatory accessible”. I wondered about those unusual facing balconies! Thanks for the suggestions and caution re deck 8.