Veterans meet and greet

Bpos

Does anyone know if Celebrity have a meet and greet for Veterans.  Been with other cruise lines who do this and a great way to meet up with some like minded folk, thanks

There has been a veterans meet & greet on all our recent Celebrity cruises.  We do believe there was not a Veterans meet & greet on our 2021 cruises as mask and social distancing rules were still in place. 

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Bpos said:

Does anyone know if Celebrity have a meet and greet for Veterans.  Been with other cruise lines who do this and a great way to meet up with some like minded folk, thanks

We had a Veterans meet and greet on our 8 October Pacific Coastal cruise on the Eclipse. Hosted by the CD on our sea day and well attended. Check the Celebrity Today for when, where and what time for your cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

There has been a veterans meet & greet on all our recent Celebrity cruises.  We do believe there was not a Veterans meet & greet on our 2021 cruises as mask and social distancing rules were still in place. 

Respectfully asking, social distancing on celebrity?  Was on the 5th Edge sailing after the restart which was the last sailing you didn't need a COVID test in 2021.  FYI, the 6th sailing was the infamous short notice testing requirement where people were passing out due to the humid heat as no tent/cover was set up while queued up waiting to get inside the terminal.  The fire department showed up to help and Capt Kate also came out to hand out water

The reason I ask you is that during Capt Kate's Q&A, someone specifically asked why doesn't the ship practice social distancing, why are we on top of each other in the MDR and why are we forced to do bubble tours while on the same day a CCL and RCI ship can be in the same port and do not need to do bubble tours?

She answered you have to pick one of two paths, option one is the test cruise path with strict on-board social distancing, or option two which was what X decided on, no test cruises, no social distancing but with bubble tours as it allowed X to be first with the restart, twice.  The first major cruise line to sail in the Caribbean with the Millie out of St Maarten and the first out of a US port with the Edge

3 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Respectfully asking, social distancing on celebrity?  Was on the 5th Edge sailing after the restart which was the last sailing you didn't need a COVID test in 2021. 

Ours was a B2B on Reflection in November 2021.  They were asking people to exercise social distances and wearing mask in public spaces.  I may be wrong but I do not recall a Veterans get together on that cruise.  

I am not home right now so cannot access my photo archives to see if I have pictures of the daily planner to verify. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Ours was a B2B on Reflection in November 2021.  They were asking people to exercise social distances and wearing mask in public spaces.  I may be wrong but I do not recall a Veterans get together on that cruise.  

I am not home right now so cannot access my photo archives to see if I have pictures of the daily planner to verify. 

It could have been a port that required it or a rule change; some folks were required to wear the blue fabric bracelets yet we didn't in July.  As stated, Capt Kate that we don't have to social distance or wear masks anywhere assuming you vaxed (they were letting a handful of the unvaxed on)

12 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

It could have been a port that required it or a rule change; some folks were required to wear the blue fabric bracelets yet we didn't in July.  As stated, Capt Kate that we don't have to social distance or wear masks anywhere assuming you vaxed (they were letting a handful of the unvaxed on)

that must have been earlier than our cruise. There were no bracelets that I recall. 

• Thanks 1

We are currently on the Edge.  On the Celebrity Today delivered tonight a “Remembrance Day Memorial” will be held tomorrow in the theater.  The description is as follows: “ Join us as we honor active and retired members of the service, remember those who have made the ultimate sacrifice in the name of freedom, and recognize the families of those who have served, and continue to serve.”  

On 11/9/2023 at 3:25 PM, cruizingOmi said:

We sailed last November, every day there was a Veterans meeting, and a special one on Nov.11.

it will show in your daily activity planner.

Everyday? Was the gathering organized by Celebrity or individual veterans? 

On 11/7/2023 at 11:59 PM, DaKahuna said:

Despite 27 cruises on X, we were not aware of Meet and Greet Veterans before reading this thread.  No doubt about it!  We will definitely review our Celebrity Today on our pending Christmas/NYE B2B2B!  Thanks to you and other CC posters for bringing this to our attention!  What a missed opportunity to speak to folks with common experiences 😀!