Luggage on Intercruises coach to Southampton

sandancer

4 hours ago, sandancer said:

We have decided to stay overnight at the Travelodge. I know it’s going to be an early start and who knows what the weather will be like end of December. Haven’t stayed in a Travelodge for years. Hopefully it’s not too far to the coach park from there. 

A good decision, I was going to mention doing that but It was late and I was on my Kindle so didn't do so. When we last went someone we talked to while waiting for the coach had stopped there. It's something I will think about when we next get to go on a cruise. We always leave home really early in case there is any problems with the roads (overnight closures), so it would give us extra time before heading for the coach.

5 hours ago, sandancer said:

We have decided to stay overnight at the Travelodge. I know it’s going to be an early start and who knows what the weather will be like end of December. Haven’t stayed in a Travelodge for years. Hopefully it’s not too far to the coach park from there. 

Good decision. We stay at the Premier Inn the night before  our Horwich pick up... coach pulls into hotel car park  for us . Much more relaxing than getting up at the crack of dawn and negotiating rush hour traffic, we can leave our car at the hotel for a donation of £20 to their charity,  you can still do  this even if not staying over night .

• 1 month later...

Being a total doubting Thomas or Thomasina rather, I called Intercruises again and the agent I spoke to confirmed that they won’t worry about the size of the bags but only about the weight.  Next time it will be the Baggage Company for sure. Thanks to those who suggested it. 

2 hours ago, sandancer said:

Being a total doubting Thomas or Thomasina rather, I called Intercruises again and the agent I spoke to confirmed that they won’t worry about the size of the bags but only about the weight.  Next time it will be the Baggage Company for sure. Thanks to those who suggested it. 

They have just collected our luggage 30 mins ago, for our next cruise. Great service.

Edited by daiB

• 4 weeks later...

We were happy with the coach service provided by Intercruises and will be using them again in March for our next Iona cruise. Driver going down was excellent. Return driver not so much. However, that being said, after this one it will be The Baggage company for us in future. Thanks for the heads up, we would never have even thought about travelling without suitcases. What a joy that will be. 

• Like 1

Sorry, slight thread drift. We've just received email confirmation of pickup time from Nottingham services travelling next month. Having not used Intercruises for a few years we are surprised that pickup time is not till 11:45.  Does this sound about right?  All our previous experiences have seen us depart roughly between 08:30 and 9:15. We are sailing on Iona and I did wonder if this is to prevent a load of coaches turning up at a similar time.  

4 hours ago, Pencil62 said:

Sorry, slight thread drift. We've just received email confirmation of pickup time from Nottingham services travelling next month. Having not used Intercruises for a few years we are surprised that pickup time is not till 11:45.  Does this sound about right?  All our previous experiences have seen us depart roughly between 08:30 and 9:15. We are sailing on Iona and I did wonder if this is to prevent a load of coaches turning up at a similar time.  

Is your cruise departure day a weekend ?? 

We had a late pick up for us from Bolton on the New year cruise , left ship on 13th Jan , usually it is 7.45am this time it was 9.15am. Hubby deduced it was because it was a weekend and traffic lighter , the traffic certainly was lighter considering we were travelling on the 30th December... We arrived at the ship the same time as when we have left at 7.45am.

Just a thought .