What to do in the rain?

KangCruiser

Right now, the forecast for our return trip shows Florida rain the whole day. Ship arrives back to Miami 8am, but our flight out of Fort Lauderdale isn't until 8pm. I was planning on booking a resort pass, but this isn't going to work if its raining. Suggestions for something to do for a family of 4 (with 2 teenagers and luggage) to kill some time? I have booked an airport lounge pass, but really dont want to spend all day there. Thanks in advance! 

Can you get on an earlier flight? 

Check MIA  also

go to a museum or  shopping mall

we arrived back in POM in a torrential downpour last month   it was not fun just getting to the taxi

14 hours ago, KangCruiser said:

Right now, the forecast for our return trip shows Florida rain the whole day. Ship arrives back to Miami 8am, but our flight out of Fort Lauderdale isn't until 8pm.

What day is your return?  I ask because the weather predictions I see for the next few days and anything further out is always suspect.  Plus rain all day is rare.  So while it is always good to have a Plan B (with teenagers @TTEllis suggestion of Sawgrass Mills is a good recommendation), I hope the prediction is wrong and you can enjoy a resort day.

7 hours ago, capriccio said:

What day is your return?  I ask because the weather predictions I see for the next few days and anything further out is always suspect.  Plus rain all day is rare.  So while it is always good to have a Plan B (with teenagers @TTEllis suggestion of Sawgrass Mills is a good recommendation), I hope the prediction is wrong and you can enjoy a resort day.

Thanks! It’s not until next Saturday, so plenty of time for things to change! 🤞

1 minute ago, KangCruiser said:

Thanks! It’s not until next Saturday, so plenty of time for things to change! 🤞

Don't forget if the prediction is 100% for rain that doesn't mean it will rain the entire day.  It could be as little as an hour.  The 'dry' season hasn't started yet so a shower (or even a downpour) isn't unusual.  Right now the prediction for a week from Saturday is sunny with a high of 83.  I hope that doesn't change for you.

Have a wonderful cruise!