Grand Suite on the Grand Princess?

Graycruise

Anyone stayed in the Grand Suite on the Grand lately?  The cabin looks lovely, but not sure it is worth the $$$$!  There does not seem to be a lot of other perks that go along with it (ie. unlimited specialty dining) like you get on other cruise lines when staying in a top suite.

Comments?

There is no unlimited specialty dining in any package or cabin. Full suites do come with no charge specialty dining on boarding day evening. It also comes with the special full suite breakfast at Sabatini's and Reserve Class dining each evening and lunch on sea days.

We’re booked in the GS on the Diamond in June. There are several sea days and we have two teenagers now, so we took the plunge for the extra space and that killer balcony. After lots of research I can confirm there are no extra perks for S1 beyond any other full suite. 

20 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

Princess suite perks are sorely lacking. Stay in the least expensive suite for the best value but there are few perks compared to other cruise lines.

Princess suites all come down to size and location. We prefer aft locations so usually opt for penthouse suites for the larger balconies over the vista suites. Most premium suites are forward so we avoid them

On a recent cruise in a low end suite, I asked the food and beverage manager about delivery of MDR dinners (complimentary suite perk).  There will be a $5 charge to call room service for this delivery charge unless you have a beverage package.  Very complicate.  Outright insulting.  I have yet to use this perk since the implementation. 

If you have no loyalty level with Princess, then some of the perks are worth cruising in a suite.  Not sure if it is worth the extra $$$ to do a Grand/Owners suite unless you want the balcony space. 

• Thanks 1

We had the Grand Suite about 5 years ago on the Grand and it was lovely but we only purchased it as we got a last minute call offering it as an upgrade for a suite (haha) deal! 

We took advantage of the perks like breakfast in the Crown Grill (at that time), and MDR meals in the room. We hosted our family traveling with us on Glacier Bay day and had the Ultimate Balcony breakfast delivered along  with a lot of other breakfast items from room service and we also did a couple of afternoon teas for our crew in suite a couple of times. It definitely has an old fashioned appeal and the doorbell that played the Titanic theme was a fun touch. We also enjoyed the two bouquets of fresh flowers we received during the cruise as well as champagne. 

I am sure it has probably been updated since then and I heard they replaced the wood balcony with the standard balcony which is a shame if true. I loved the old school feel with the wooden loungers and table and chairs. 

All that being said, we realized it was likely a one time experience since we got it as a last minute upgrade. I can’t imagine paying full price as lovely as it was - the perks beyond the room were not that extensive.