Balcony Breakfast

MsSoCalCruiser

We really enjoy the Ultimate Balcony breakfast. I believe it is still $45 per couple. It comes with a split of champagne, fresh juice, pastries, fruit, salmon and a quiche along with some other garnishes. The service is very nice. I’m sure your friends will love it and it would be a thoughtful gift. Here is a link to a good video that really shows it well. 

Edited by karatemom2
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, karatemom2 said:

We really enjoy the Ultimate Balcony breakfast. I believe it is still $45 per couple. It comes with a split of champagne, fresh juice, pastries, fruit, salmon and a quiche along with some other garnishes. The service is very nice. I’m sure your friends will love it and it would be a thoughtful gift. Here is a link to a good video that really shows it well. 

The one time we did a balcony breakfast, we had not as much selection of "goodies" and there was no personal service. Delivered and left and this was years before the pandemic. Not impressed and never did it again.

• Thanks 1

We have ordered the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast twice.  As @JF - retired RRT has reported, it is delivered, but not served to you.  Consider it to be the same as any order you would make from Room Service.  The covered dishes were left for us to serve ourselves.  The video shows the delivery person opening the Champagne.  To be honest, I don’t recall whether or not they did that for us.  

One food item that the video did not show was a mini-quiche.  It has been a few years since we have enjoyed the UBB.  I have a distinct memory of having a mini-quiche on both of our experiences.

Also, the passengers in the video were dressed much better than we’ve ever dressed for a UBB.  Don’t get me wrong.  The delivery person has never been shocked or embarrassed by our appearance, but shorts or jeans and a casual shirt would be our likely morning attire.

We enjoy the UBB quite a bit.  We feel that it is perfect on a “Scenic Cruising” day.

• Thanks 1

Some ships are better than others. They have always been nice, but the food is dropped off and you set it up.

Quiche, smoked salmon, fruit, coffee or tea, danish, champagne split, fruit plate.  Should be juice also.

So, they would receive the card on embarkation that they have an UBB and to call to arrange it with RS and sometimes a letter also.

I have given this as a gift too and they loved it!  

They can tell them if any allergies or if they want substitutes, like bacon instead of salmon, etc. 

It is per cabin $50, not PP.  It is a very nice gift and we’ve enjoyed it just last week on the Sapphire.

Our absolute favorite is the UBD. But, that’s $110 per cabin. 

Food very similar to video, except we did not ask RS delivery to open our champagne.  

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Thanks 3

In our two experiences, one prior to COVID and one since, they put a cloth over our table and opened and poured our champagne. They did not serve each of the individual dishes, but set them up so we could serve ourselves in the order we preferred. We don't drink coffee, so we substituted with tea and on our most recent experience, they also offered to pour our tea if we liked. We declined as we are perfectly able to do that ourselves. This is what I meant by service - not like the service at dinner where they wait on you. We were not expecting that - but the service we did get was much more than standard room service drop off. They made an effort to set things up nicely and get the ball rolling so we could take it from there. I thought it was well worth the cost.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

The one time we did a balcony breakfast, we had not as much selection of "goodies" and there was no personal service. Delivered and left and this was years before the pandemic. Not impressed and never did it again.

Can u request  substitutions, DH does not do salmon or  quiche. 

21 minutes ago, karatemom2 said:

In our two experiences, one prior to COVID and one since, they put a cloth over our table and opened and poured our champagne. They did not serve each of the individual dishes, but set them up so we could serve ourselves in the order we preferred. We don't drink coffee, so we substituted with tea and on our most recent experience, they also offered to pour our tea if we liked. We declined as we are perfectly able to do that ourselves. This is what I meant by service - not like the service at dinner where they wait on you. We were not expecting that - but the service we did get was much more than standard room service drop off. They made an effort to set things up nicely and get the ball rolling so we could take it from there. I thought it was well worth the cost.

I would say if you don't like salmon or quiche, it may not be the best choice. As far as I know there are no substitutions available. My DH doesn't love salmon either, so I ran up to the buffet before our delivery was scheduled and put together a plate of sausage and bacon to supplement. He did try the salmon though and thought is was actually pretty good.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, camper49 said:

I don't like salmon and always ask for bacon and have had no issues.  Of course they bring along the full salmon anyway.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, camper49 said:

Yes, we always have some substitutions, never had a problem.  

We substitute for bacon/ham instead of smoked salmon.

If he doesn’t like quiche, ask for eggs or an omelette.  

Just ask, I’ve always gotten what we want. NP.  They didn’t bring the salmon anyway, just the bacon that I requested. This was just last week.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We had the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast on the Grand this morning. We're currently cruising in Australia and we were charged AU$75 in total, not per person. 

We're not coffee drinkers so we had juice and tea plus a small bottle of champagne. They did not open the champagne.

We received one plate of pastries and two each of the other plates shown below.

We also had the Ultimate Balcony on the Coral earlier this year and requested gluten free. They were happy to substitute.

1000007291-01.jpeg

1000007292-01.jpeg

1000007293-01.jpeg

1000007294-01.jpeg

Edited by Kellyansapansa
  • Thanks 1