Portside BBQ Oasis

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

I would put it on par with a typical Dickey's restaurant.  It's not terrible but if you are a BBQ snob (I am too) it won't rock your world.

Thanks - comparing to Dickey's is great way to level-set my expectations! 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I would put it on par with a typical Dickey's restaurant.  It's not terrible but if you are a BBQ snob (I am too) it won't rock your world.

I would agree, but considering you are on a ship and it tastes pretty decent it’s like a double win. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I would agree, but considering you are on a ship and it tastes pretty decent it’s like a double win. 

Absolutely, next time on Oasis I'd definitely order from it again.  My Dickey's comment wasn't meant as a criticism so much as a way of setting expectation.  

6 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Absolutely, next time on Oasis I'd definitely order from it again.  My Dickey's comment wasn't meant as a criticism so much as a way of setting expectation.  

I read it as you intended. Disney knows how to do it well, but certainly not fully authentic.  Folks from BBQ states will be amused that it is decent good but those from the great white north😉 will be more than pleased. 

• Like 1

We ate there twice on our last cruise. Once for lunch and once for dinner, early evening. For our dinner visit there was one item that was sold out.

We are from Kansas City, so we've had plenty of BBQ. I was actually impressed. We will eat there again.

I'm assuming the answer to this is no, but is there any way to get to see the process behind how they smoke meat on a cruise ship? I assume something along the lines of an electric smoker that uses smoldering wood chips. As an amateur pit master I would love to see things in action...  

6 minutes ago, fletch1027 said:

I'm assuming the answer to this is no, but is there any way to get to see the process behind how they smoke meat on a cruise ship? I assume something along the lines of an electric smoker that uses smoldering wood chips. As an amateur pit master I would love to see things in action...  

That was my guess too. I'd also like to see the process. 

I bet they'd give you some insight when you stop by. At least answer some questions. 

As a brit i enjoyed it as we have limited bbq resturants in the UK. We shared a three meat combo and that was plenty. Pricing was ok but they do add a 18% graturity and another line to tip extra if memory serves me right. Oh and was a walk in and chill outside at the back 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are really looking forward to checking this out in April! Our current cruise planner only shows this venue open during dinner hours each day (5:00 pm - 9:00 pm). Has anyone cruised Oasis recently to know if lunch is still offered? Not sure how reliable the planner is this far out (or if they will update the hours closer to sailing)?

9 hours ago, bjlbbk said:

We are really looking forward to checking this out in April! Our current cruise planner only shows this venue open during dinner hours each day (5:00 pm - 9:00 pm). Has anyone cruised Oasis recently to know if lunch is still offered? Not sure how reliable the planner is this far out (or if they will update the hours closer to sailing)?

It was open most of the day every day, including embarkment day. I'd say change the app to show the current sailing and look at the times, I bet they show lunch hours. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, bjlbbk said:

It is roughly open 11:30-3 and 5-9 on sea days and 1-9 on port days. 

• Thanks 1