Jim_Iain Live - 2nd Half World Cruise - B2B Singapore to Down Under 11/25 – 12/21

Jim_Iain

IMG_1622.thumb.jpeg.851ced8c87457f3e80a25f97c3e1b5de.jpeg

IMG_1623.thumb.jpeg.8d556c5638f9450b18682b7183dc1324.jpeg

B2B was a breeze for Suites / Zenith.   Could show up to Eden anytime between 7:00 and 9:00 and we were processed and given new cards within 5 minutes.   Just sat down and an agent came up like in Terminal 25. 

IMG_1627.thumb.jpeg.09519fd69fdd7c0b4ceb4160b4edba85.jpeg

Regular guests had a long line.  

• Like 12

Edge’s arrival into Sydney was featured on the national morning breakfast program ‘Sunrise’ this morning. Channel 7. Its replay is available on the catch up app 7+. They had brief live crosses and pre-recorded pieces mainly during the weather segments. Interviewed Capt Matt (who spoke very well) and Guiseppe. The snippets were brief and a bit underwhelming by the broadcaster. They are supposed to be featuring the ship again Sunday morning with more prerecorded pieces. The reporter boarded in Cairns I believe.

Finally caught up again! I’m still working full time (for one more year), so I have to catch up on weekends or on those nights when I wake up at 3:00 a.m. and can’t get back to sleep (like now). Your photos of the Sydney harbor are stunning! And yes, great shirts on both you and Iain.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

IMG_1622.thumb.jpeg.851ced8c87457f3e80a25f97c3e1b5de.jpeg

IMG_1623.thumb.jpeg.8d556c5638f9450b18682b7183dc1324.jpeg

B2B was a breeze for Suites / Zenith.   Could show up to Eden anytime between 7:00 and 9:00 and we were processed and given new cards within 5 minutes.   Just sat down and an agent came up like in Terminal 25. 

IMG_1627.thumb.jpeg.09519fd69fdd7c0b4ceb4160b4edba85.jpeg

Regular guests had a long line.  

I’m doing the same B2B in Sydney in Jan 25. Not in Retreat. Just bought a hop-on-hop-odd bus ticket for the day, so don’t need to be off the ship for a set time. I’m hoping they learn from all the B2Bs before then and streamline the process! 
photos of Sydney Opera House are gorgeous 😍

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

For those from Sydney, I noticed two guys on the bridge -

He said it was James Tobin, Sunrise on 7

Nothing happened to the disappointment of those that got up early. 

No mention on 7 nightly news  (Sunrise's channel).  I played back Sunrise on fast forward, and this was what was shown:  First piece was on the bridge, no shots of water cannons etc which sometimes greet ships. Instead the ship docked with tugs next to Edge. Next article they focused on "John Lennon " the barber in the spa.  Next the gym (studio presenters more interested in the fact James Tobin was on a treadmill).  Then onto 2 families who'd been on more than 70 times, but presenter more interested in free wifi, etc.  Giuseppe did make an appearance playing the piano in Eden and showed the view from Eden.  Jim you had an earlier photo of one of the wait staff (can't remember if it was Sonny?) he was shown  in the martini bar pouring a drink.  The Celebrity promo  wasn't one full news item, instead segmented and each small section was shown before the weather forecast.  James Tobin did say he'd show more tomorrow to give people an idea of what a Celebrity cruise would be like. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Redking said:

That view never gets old!

21 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Excuse the bed head. 

IMG_1613.thumb.jpeg.f0fcc21fd0abdb0fb64bd1bf4d581ec4.jpeg

21 hours ago, Redking said:

That view has been on our bucket list for a while.  Only a little over 3 months on our countdown now!  Thanks so much for sharing 😀

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bullswood said:

You might have noticed that Sydney Harbour has some extra cruise ships today, such as Quantum of the Seas, diverted from the Queensland cyclones. You were obviously lucky to get away from Airlie Beach just in time!

https://cruisepassenger.com.au/news/quantum-port-calls-cancelled-as-cyclone-nears/

Yes.   Saw her sitting out in Harbor and was tendering to port. 

On 12/9/2023 at 6:02 AM, 2023 said:

We watched you on the Sydney webcam- couldn’t get a calmer morning on the Harbour.

IMG_0962.jpeg

Have to say it was a beautiful but hot day.    Last night when we departed it was really rough sailing.   Even the staff in Luminae were having a difficult time walking.

• Like 3

On 12/9/2023 at 6:46 AM, GREG781 said:

That is the last we heard - on the Alaska cruise May on the Solstice.

Yea, that is where she told us she was heading.   I need to e-mail her and check in with her.   Time flies by.

On 12/9/2023 at 6:47 AM, Redking said:

The decision for Sydney to build the Iconic Opera house hit a home run.   It is as recognizable as the Eifle Tower.    Have to say I capture so many pictures but didn't want to bore everyone with hundreds of pictures.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, 2023 said:

Edge’s arrival into Sydney was featured on the national morning breakfast program ‘Sunrise’ this morning. Channel 7. Its replay is available on the catch up app 7+. They had brief live crosses and pre-recorded pieces mainly during the weather segments. Interviewed Capt Matt (who spoke very well) and Guiseppe. The snippets were brief and a bit underwhelming by the broadcaster. They are supposed to be featuring the ship again Sunday morning with more prerecorded pieces. The reporter boarded in Cairns I believe.

Thanks -   One of the waiter showed us a Clip he downloaded (probably from Celebrity somewhere)    It was recorded by a number of Drones.    It was reported on FB that  they saw lots of drones.  

This is the hype video before arrival

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1047430406608497

Today was to be a relaxed day.   My doctor wanted me to pick up a BP monitor and start sending him my BP and Pulse.   Kaiser has some great doctors and mine I have had for 15 years and easy to chat with him via the messaging portal.  

We left the ship along with a couple Energy Drinks when the final call came.   It was like swimming up stream as about 100 local Travel Agents were boarding for tours of the ship.

Our objective was to meet David and Robert at the Sydney Art Gallery up on the hill where the Botanic Garden is located.

They had purchased tickets for the Kandisky and Louise Bougeois Exhibitions followed by lunch at "Art Gallery of Restaurant" Crafted by Matt Moran.

We started off walking down Pitt Street on the way to Pharmacy Warehouse a top pharmacy.

Just some random pictures of our wandering

IMG_1634.thumb.jpeg.3a1922e6d7296f786d80bbd4bbf9c3f0.jpeg

IMG_1635.thumb.jpeg.2bb6f63a049358389aabcf6ca010f290.jpeg

IMG_1636.thumb.jpeg.bbbc43ddfca36aac2821b96612fe8b37.jpeg

IMG_1640.thumb.jpeg.09e369bc3e96eb657e08e61996e8a901.jpeg

IMG_1641.thumb.jpeg.9918a6941b5bcf6bd1af847846125bdf.jpeg

IMG_1642.thumb.jpeg.fe4919d6433d68bad764b9d0eb19a97c.jpeg

IMG_1647.thumb.jpeg.7bcbb2a892d49a84c5a39b4a906fd638.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 16

We were running early so just relaxed in Hyde Park.   While it was approaching 100F it was very comfortable sitting in the shade with a Sax player playing Christmas tunes in the background 

IMG_1667.thumb.jpeg.d23c95b8184b5b2886e6e55e16568c29.jpeg

IMG_1670.thumb.jpeg.5e659b01383e4aa80353492fa4628e5d.jpeg

IMG_1672.thumb.jpeg.bec1442931f1c91040382fa956ce0948.jpeg

IMG_1682.thumb.jpeg.10d93db0537100d39d0d2c398dda3fbb.jpeg

Australian Ibis were in abundance and definitely not afraid of people.  

IMG_1683.thumb.jpeg.e70b7c728e7c04da60e38eaef3ce78f5.jpeg

IMG_1689.thumb.jpeg.a7c86de63ef352a8211e10d5cc7a71f5.jpeg

• Like 13

15 minutes ago, Ontario Cruiser said:

Remember  the threatening cyclone In New Zealand.  They took everyone off the ship the Millie and put her out to sea. We flew back to Toronto that day. Sherrill. 

Yea.   I remember our TP to Yokohama and Japan Emerson.    We got a call at 6:00 saying we were being evacuated from the ship because port was closing due to Typhoon.   The put up overnight in a hotel and Millie went out in the bay and rode out the storm that fell apart just over Yokohama.   

The pushed all ports by a day, ruining 5 private group tours I had arranged.   Luckily I had not collected money in advance. 

Looks like the cyclone may stall out when approaching Australia and dump lots of rain. 

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

Jim,  is that one of your new shirts Iian is rocking? 

How did you guess.   Not only a new short he went for the whole ensemble.    I told him I couldn't wait to wear that shirt.    The advantages of being a male couple.   You have to pack half the wardrobe. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Cap_D said:

Awesome pictures.  We shared them with our family over breakfast.  

Any signs of LHB and team from Miami, or the missing provisions? 

We haven't spotted her but at Zenith lunch a couple I was talking to said they saw her dining last night in Cosmopolitan with a large contingent.   

They said they had tried to order about 3 drinks on the menu and were told they didn't have the ingredients.   They filled out an attention to detail form and next day they got a call saying the Food and Beverage said he instruction the restaurants to have everything for every drink on the menu.    Probably because of LHB because up until now lots of shortages.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2