Black Friday Sale: Is it different from other sales?

mary_228

Please help me understand what is marketing hype and what represents true value.

"Enjoy small ship luxury for less with savings of up to $5,400 per stateroom plus simply MORE with 2 for 1 Cruise Fares, Free Roundtrip Airfare with Free Airport Transfers*; Free Shore Excursions; Free Champagne, Wine and More; Free Gourmet Specialty Dining; and Free Unlimited WiFi."

I am considering booking my own air to allow for piggy backing this trip onto a land based journey elsewhere in Europe, and I understand air deviation would not allow such a long gap in travel. Perhaps an air credit would be offered eveninn a "free air" situation such as this? Or is free (included) air always part of the pricing with Oceania.

16 minutes ago, mary_228 said:

Please help me understand what is marketing hype and what represents true value.

"Enjoy small ship luxury for less with savings of up to $5,400 per stateroom plus simply MORE with 2 for 1 Cruise Fares, Free Roundtrip Airfare with Free Airport Transfers*; Free Shore Excursions; Free Champagne, Wine and More; Free Gourmet Specialty Dining; and Free Unlimited WiFi."

I am considering booking my own air to allow for piggy backing this trip onto a land based journey elsewhere in Europe, and I understand air deviation would not allow such a long gap in travel. Perhaps an air credit would be offered eveninn a "free air" situation such as this? Or is free (included) air always part of the pricing with Oceania.

IME, the cost savings of any O sale can range from nil to significant.  Only homework will provide the "value" answer.  As for the other issue, Simply More is sold "with air" or "no air with a credit".  The credit depends upon the sailing.  An online mock booking will tell you the amount of the air credit for your selected cruise.  Good Luck.

• Thanks 1

Marketing Hype:

"2 for 1 Cruise Fares" similar to MSRP

"Free Roundtrip Airfare with Free Airport Transfers*" You pay for this by choosing SM w/air instead of SM-only

Not Marketing Hype:

"savings of up to $5,400 per stateroom" The BFsale is a true sale (i.e., the prices now are less than before the sale)

Poor Wording Hype:

"Free Shore Excursions" Substitute "included" for "free" since you get $X to use toward shorex

"Free Champagne, Wine and More" again "included" since the House Select Drink Package is included (wine, beer at lunch/dinner)

"Free Gourmet Specialty Dining" again "included", no extra charge to dine at specialty restaurants

"Free Unlimited WiFi" again "included", 2 logons per cabin but streaming is extra.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2023 at 11:57 AM, AMHuntFerry said:

Reread your original question...the only thing unique to the BFsale is the discount; all other items are status quo.

Are you saying that the shore ex credit and drinks package are included on every fare?

1 hour ago, mary_228 said:

Are you saying that the shore ex credit and drinks package are included on every fare?

Any cruise booked after July 1st 2023  has the new SM  drink package & Excursion credit

If you booked a cruise prior to that date you have the option of staying with your choice  at the time of booking or changing to SM

• Thanks 1

The black Friday sale with simply more totaled a substantial savings from a cruise I booked on board almost a year ago. My travel agent had Oceania adjust the cost, add the $800 OBC for tours and also added more  OB credits and pre paid gratuities through their agency promotion.  I am a satisfied cruiser.

• Like 2

On 11/20/2023 at 8:48 AM, AMHuntFerry said:

Marketing Hype:

"2 for 1 Cruise Fares" similar to MSRP

"Free Roundtrip Airfare with Free Airport Transfers*" You pay for this by choosing SM w/air instead of SM-only

Not Marketing Hype:

"savings of up to $5,400 per stateroom" The BFsale is a true sale (i.e., the prices now are less than before the sale)

Poor Wording Hype:

"Free Shore Excursions" Substitute "included" for "free" since you get $X to use toward shorex

"Free Champagne, Wine and More" again "included" since the House Select Drink Package is included (wine, beer at lunch/dinner)

"Free Gourmet Specialty Dining" again "included", no extra charge to dine at specialty restaurants

"Free Unlimited WiFi" again "included", 2 logons per cabin but streaming is extra.

Excellent summary!!!

Sadly, hard for me to assess how significant the specific sales part is for this specific sale since that depends on the price of the specific cruise in an actual cabin class.

We've got 22 nights B2B on Sirena in the Baltic in August-September 2024 but neither is on this sale. BUT I do use these sales to find better cabins at same or lower prices. The Extraordinary Savings Sale in 2023 was fantastic. Simple More, sadly, seems to have added significantly to the previous "Cruise Only" prices before SM.